Kayak and Embera Village in Chagres Park
The Chagres River, at the time of the colony, this mighty river was a transit route between the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Spanish settlers, pirates, gold diggers passed through its waters, bringing incredible wealth from one place to another; Many never managed to reach their destination. Their stories were lost in these waters surrounded by jungle, with the passage of time they became part of one of the wonders of the modern world, the Panama Canal.
Panama Outdoors invites you to join us on a kayak tour through this beautiful river. We will enjoy the historical comments of our guide, in which this river has been a vital part of the development of trade between both oceans.
We will visit an Embera village, where we will have lunch and offer us a sample of their traditions such as dances, music, crafts and history.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Kayak and safety equipment
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Panama Canal, Panama City Panama
Exclusive channel and adjoining facilities.
Pass By: Soberania National Park, Area Canalera de Gamboa, Panama City Panama
Stop At: Chagres National Park, Carretera Madden, Colon Panama
Rio Chagres, Embera communities, rainforest.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :1: Centro Comercial El Dorado, Vía Ricardo J. Alfaro, Panamá, Panama
2: Plaza Centennial Mall, Panama City, Panama
Traveler pickup is offered
Buses and cars identified with Panama Outdoors logo and destination for the tour.Airports
- Tocumen Intl Airport, Panama City Panama
- Albrook Gelabert Airport, Marcos a Gelabert, Panamá, Panama
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- To know how to swim
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.