Kasteelpoort Route: Table Mountain Hike from Cape Town
Hike Table Mountain via the Kasteelpoort route to the Cableway is one of the best ways to see many different sides of the mountain in one hike. It offers city, ocean, and the backside of the mountain views, and offers you interesting pathways as you hike along.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Qualified guide
- Pick up and drop off within the city centre and close surroundings.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Cableway fees
- Pick up from your hotel within the city centre or close surrounds.This all encompassing 5-hour route of Table Mountain starts on the jeep track from the stunning Camps Bay or Atlantic Ocean side of the mountain. It connects to the historical Pipe Track and heads up Kasteelpoort which is a steady climb up a beautiful, open ravine. Halfway up, visit ‘breakfast rock’ which is a great photo spot with views of Lions Head and the Atlantic Ocean. Once at the top of Kasteelpoort, take a moment to check out the remnants of the Old Cableway. Here there is an opportunity for the brave to go out onto ‘diving board rock’ for the amazing picture to show others back home.
From the Old Cableway, the path heads up part of the Valley of the Red Gods and into the Valley of Isolation which has interesting rock formations creating a bowl-like valley. Then, it descends into Echo Valley and up the backside of Table Mountain up 3 ladders. Here, the views overlooking the city below are not to be missed. Once at the top, the descent is via the Cableway weather permitting.
Departure Point :Centrally located hotels in Cape Town
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.