Karen Blixen Museum & Giraffe Centre Half day tour
Get captivated by the Karen Blixen museum which is inspired by Karen's life story who was one of the pioneer coffee farmers in Nairobi. She also inspired the making of the renowned movie 'Out of Africa'.
The Giraffe Centre is a conservation destination made famous by Daisy Rothschild, a rescued giraffe calf found on the western border of Kenya. Tour the semi-wild center and learn about the life cycle and mating habits of these towering animals, then watch them being fed. You'll also learn about conservation efforts surrounding the giraffes. Wander the stunning nature trail that winds along the Gogo River, and take a chance at spotting giraffes in the wild, too.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Karen Blixen Museum
- Entry/Admission - Giraffe Centre
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Tips & Gratuities
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karen Blixen Museum, Karen Rd Langata, Nairobi Kenya
The Karen Blixen is a home built in 1912, and was the home of the iconic author of 'Out of Africa'-Karen Blixen. It was opened to the public in 1986 as a museum where visitors get have guided tours of the house features, rooms designed in both the original decor and with props from the 1985 film. See Karen Blixen’s drawings and paintings, a film screening room,a documentary exhibit on her life and work.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Giraffe Centre, Duma Rd, Nairobi Kenya
The Giraffe Center is home to endangered Rothschild giraffes, only found in the semi-arid regions of Africa where trees and bushes are plentiful.This is a very unique place to see and learn about the tallest animal species; The Giraffe.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Airport and other hotels in NairobiAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. AM KAREN MUSEUM+GIRAFFE CENTRE 9/9/2020 - 6/30/2021
PM KAREN BLIXEN+GIRAFFE CENTER 9/9/2020 - 6/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 12:00 PM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.