Kannur City Full Day Private Sightseeing Tour with Guide
A full day tour of Kannur city by private air-conditioned vehicle with an English speaking guide. Discover the hidden treasures of Kannur and find out why Kannur is popularly known as the city of Looms and Lores. Visit the 500+ year old St. Angelo's Fort, first built by the Portuguese. Stop by at the Arakkal Museum, dedicated to Arakkal family - the only Muslim royal family in Kerala. Visit the small yet well-maintained Lighthouse museum and climb up the Lighthouse for amazing views of the coastline. Drive around Mappila Bay where you will have opportunities to click some good pictures. Experience first-hand how the handloom weavers turn thread into world class fabric. Visit the Folklore museum which exhibits over 300 precious objects of folk art, including life-size replicas of various theyyams and patayani, folk and tribal musical and percussion instruments, farm implements and weapons. Visit one of Kannur's best beaches.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Start your day with a visit Fort St. Angelo. Built in 1505 by Portuguese, the Fort witnessed several historical battles and is considered an important historical site in South India.
Next, stop at Arakkal Museum, dedicated to Arakkal family - the only Muslim royal family in Kerala.
From here, head towards the Kannur Lighthouse, from top of which you get a bird’s eye view of the splendid coastline of Kannur. Also visit the small, but well maintained museum within the complex. It is only the fourth such museum in the country after Alappuzha, Chennai and Mahabalipuram. A gigantic optic, used in Lakshadweep Lighthouse during the 1885-1962 period, a 19th century double-wick lamp of Kannur Lighthouse, a huge fog-bell used to alert shipmen and a deep-sea buoy are some of the exhibits.
Then, drive around Mappila Bay - where you will have opportunities to click some good pictures.
Have lunch at a local restaurant. (Direct payment)
You will be then transferred to Chirakkal to visit Kerala Folklore Academy. Set up by the Government of Kerala, the academy, while ensuring the welfare of folk artistes also strives for reviving, preserving and promoting the rich folk art traditions of Kerala. The museum exhibits over 300 precious objects of folk art, including life-size replicas of various theyyams and patayani, folk and tribal musical and percussion instruments, farm implements and weapons.
After the visit to the museum, stop at a handloom weaving center, to learn about the handloom industry of Kannur. Kannur produces arguably the best handloom products in the world with USA, UK, Australia and other European countries being the major importers. History of the handloom industry in Kannur dates back to mid 1800s.
From here, head to Meenkunnu Beach or Payyambalam Beach for some beach time.
Return to your hotel late in the evening.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelezy, Caltex Tower, Opposite to KSRTC Bus Depot, Caltex Junction, Kannur
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.