Kanheri Caves Sightseen Tour
The Perseverance of Indian history and rich culture is best depicted at this spot. By signing up for Kanheri Caves Sightseen Tour with our professional guides, you get fascinating details of Buddhism and culture. You can wander up to the extensive networks of halls and dwelling with our professional guides. Even the surroundings of the dense forest do impress you to another level. The maze of 109 Kanheri is hewn into the basalt rock. Diverse flora and fauna offer you an immense chance of spotting deer, macaque monkeys, reptiles, the flock of birds and butterflies. It is an indeed factor to see the beauty of private dwellings, decorative prayer halls, intriguing sculptures all cut into the rocky hillside. Worthy things to see here are also painting and inscriptions that depict the effect of Buddhism of Indian society.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Kanheri Caves
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kanheri Caves, Sanjay Gandhi National Park Borivli East, Mumbai India
The Kanheri Caves are a group of caves and rock-cut monuments cut into a massive basalt outcrop in the forests of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, on the island of Salsette in the western outskirts of Mumbai, India. They contain Buddhist sculptures and relief carvings, paintings, and inscriptions, dating from the 1st century BCE to the 10th century CE. Kanheri comes from the Sanskrit Krishnagiri, which means black mountain.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
- Mumbai Port GreenGate.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/16/2019 - 11/4/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.