Kandy Sightseeing Day Tour from Negombo / Colombo / Bentota (All Inclusive)
The Kandy one day tour will give you the chance of visiting most important attractions in Kandy City and a Tea Factory where produced world's best tea. Kandy is the second most populated city in Sri Lanka. It is a heartland city surrounded by misty mountains and a winding river. Lush green forests, spice lands and tea plantations dominate the Kandyan landscape. Historically, the ancient city served as the last Sinhalese capital until 1815. Today, it continues to be a bastion of Sri Lankan culture and way of life. During this tour, you will visit, Giragama Tea Factory, Peradeniya Botanical Garden, Temple of the tooth relic, Upper lake drive, Market Square and Gem Lapidary.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off to most closely located hotels in Colombo, Negombo, Bentota and Kalutara.
- Air conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver.
- 500ml mineral water bottle per person during the tour.
- Entrance fees to Giragama Tea Factory, Botanical Garden, Kandy Temple.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- All Government Taxes.
- Entry/Admission - Geragama Tea Factory
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanical Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
What's excluded :
- Anything that not mentioned in inclusions.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Geragama Tea Factory, Geragama Estate Rd, Pilimathalawa, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is one of the world’s most important tea producers. There are thousands of tea plantations all around the island. Instead of automated tea processing, Sri Lanka still uses the mechanized colonial process. This is because it ensures higher quality than the new brands. Giragama Tea Plantation has opened its factory for in-depth tours on tea processing. The tour provides insight into refining black teas and the complex process conceived back in the British colonial era. The factory is located just outside Kandy.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya Road, Peradeniya 20400 Sri Lanka
The Royal Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya is one of the best botanic gardens in Asia. It is exquisitely maintained and the area spans over 147 acres. Over 10000 flora is found within the garden. It is much appreciated for an extensive collection of orchids. The botanic garden houses the National Herbarium of Sri Lanka as well. The beautiful pathways and green lawns are picture-perfect. Historically, the garden dates back to 1371 when King Wickramabahu built his council chamber in this area. After 1815, the British used it as a commercial crop arboretum. It was formally opened as the Royal botanical garden in 1843. Ever since it has attracted visits from not only the British royalty but also distinguished guests from all over the world. Notably, the botanic garden was the South East Asia Command headquarters, under Lord Louis Mountbatten, during the Second World War. The Peradeniya royal botanic garden is about 5.5 km from Kandy.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
The city is designed around the Sacred Temple of the Tooth Relic.This temple houses the venerated left canine Tooth of the Buddha. It is a UNESCO world heritage site and one of the most sacred places of worship in the Buddhist world. Thousands of pilgrims regularly visit Kandy in memory of Buddha, which gives the city a religious atmosphere. Each year, an annual procession known as the “Sri Dalada Perahera” attracts thousands of both local and foreign visitors to the temple (usually held in July or August). It is without doubt the most colorful celebration of Sri Lankan culture. The final night-time procession is one of the most colourful events in the world (imagine hundreds of vibrantly dressed folk drummers with dancers, lights everywhere). Even on a regular day, Kandy is a busy place but it’s part of the city’s charm. The chaotic commercial city is bordered by a beautiful artificial lake.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Colombo, Sri Lanka
2: Negombo, Sri Lanka
3: Bentota, Sri Lanka
4: Wadduwa, Sri Lanka
5: Kalutara, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Colombo, Negombo, Bentota and Kalutara.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for visiting sacred and holy places.
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.