Kandy Private Day Tour
Kandy, The beautiful city of the Hill country is located 465 meters above sea level and 115km from Colombo. Popular for the Temple of the Tooth and several other temples, it has been nicknamed as the cultural capital of the island.
This vibrant market town is loaded with social variety has plenty of events and occasions to offer to the visitors ranging from Nature , Ceylon’s finest tea, adventure, handy crafts, dances and songs.. The town is also filled with gifts items to take back home to loved ones or to experience many cultural activities at various resorts.
Our blue badged local expert / guide will meet you in your requested Place in Colombo (Hotel or Airport) and then will proceed to Kandy. It is 8 to 10 hours private tour however we are flexible with timing with no additional cost.
Tour will be completed after we dropping you to airport or hotel within Colombo on the same day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- All activities
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Kandy is the last royal capital and ended in 1815 and one of its largest cities too. it is surrounded by hills, tropical vegetation and is located inside a broad circle of a river known as the Mahaweli river. The city is also home to the famous Esala Perehera ceremony that holds annually in August or July, the home of renowned Sri Maligawa Buddha and the tooth relic can be found in one of the temples. The awesome environment of the mountains is a relief after the hot atmosphere of the lowlands, and the charming Kandy Pond and the drives around it are set among great picturesque elegance.
Kandy was the last stronghold of the Kandyan rulers against international power, having held them for almost 300 decades. The two main Buddhist temples are structured here and made up the last hub of the Buddhist faith during the colonial times. Much of the town’s attraction can be discovered in the disorderly arrangement of its little shops. The industrial town is also the cost- effective focus of the encompassing tea-producing highlands.
Rich in history and tradition, Kandy performs a role to countless folks who come to pay respect to the sacred Tooth Relic, as it is taken in procession around the town, in an amazing casket made of gold and placed on the wide back of the Temple elephant. The procession consists of whip crackers, torchbearers, drummers, dancers and elephants. This century old and wonderful procession is one of the earliest and most amazing pageants in all of Asia.
Main Attraction will cover on this tour:
1,Temple of the tooth relic.
3,Kandy City Walk & Local market
4,Tea factory to see tea making (processing)
5,Cultural show (possibility with timing)
Back to Colombo
Departure Point :Colombo
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.