Kandy City Tour from Dambulla
(SKU: LK60061900)This tour gives you the chance to tour the ancient royal city of Kandy and the surrounding attractions. Visit the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic to view its majestic architecture and beautiful shrines. Visit some of the local artisans; such as gem crafters, woodcarvers and/or batik makers. Take some beautiful souvenirs home, while also learning how they are made. Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya to see its famous and rare collection of plant life.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- 2 x 500 ml water bottle per person.
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets to the visiting sites.
- Food and beverages.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Entry/Admission - Kandy City Center
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanical Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Kandy Lake Club - Cultural Dance Show
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Temple of the Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the City of Kandy. It is considered the foremost sacred place of worship in the Buddhist World. According to legend, the tooth was taken from the Buddha as he lay on his funeral pyre. It immediately became an object of great reverence and was enshrined in a series of nested jeweled reliquaries. On the outside, the temple buildings are not magnificent or elaborately decorated. While with red roofs, they cluster around Kandy Lake. In striking contrast to the plain exterior, the interiors of the temple buildings are richly carved and decorated with inlaid woods, ivory and lacquer. The relic of the tooth is kept in a two story inner shrine fronted by two large elephant tusks.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kandy City Center, Kand, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
you will be going on technical tours to see the crafts of some of the traditional artisans of Kandy; such as the gem crafters, wood carvers and batik makers. You will get to see the process of how they do their work and will be able to purchase some great souvenirs (if you wish) too.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya Road, Peradeniya 20400 Sri Lanka
Botanical Gardens began their life as medieval medicinal gardens called ‘physic gardens’ in Europe. They were initially founded in the 16th century during Italian Renaissance period though some records prove the existence of small scale physic gardens as early as the 14th century.
As botany was established as a subject separate from medicine in the 17th century, plant imports from explorations around the world began to be cultivated. During the 18th century proper methods plant classification and cultivation of foreign plants became known and many botanical gardens were established in tropical countries. The Royal Botanical Gardens in Kew near London played a central role in uniting the various botanical researches being conducted in the other gardens.
As the years have passed botanical gardens have taken a major place in culture and botany. They have been places of great advances in science and horticulture.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kandy Lake Club - Cultural Dance Show, 7 Sangamitta Mawatha, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Cultural Dance Show - Be escorted to a performance of the traditional Kandyan dance, accompanied by tumultuous drumming. Dances include the cobra dance, mask dance, the Ginisila, showing power over fire. The entire frenetic and colorful spectacle climaxes with the amazing fire-walking act.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Dambulla
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Wearing well-covered attire along with Sandals or Flip Flops are recommend for Temple of the Tooth Relic and to all other religious sights of Sri Lanka.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.