Kandy City Tour from Colombo
(SKU: LK60010100) This tour gives you the chance to tour the ancient royal city of Kandy and the surrounding attractions. Visit the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic to view its majestic architecture and beautiful shrines. Visit some of the local artisans; such as gem crafters, woodcarvers and/or batik makers. Take some beautiful souvenirs home, while also learning how they are made. Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya to see its famous and rare collection of plant life.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the visiting sites.
- Food and drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanical Gardens
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built in the 16th century as the place of veneration and protection for Lord Buddha’s sacred tooth. Walk through the beautifully embellished passageways and elaborately painted halls, done in red, cream and black. Lounge against delicately carved pillars and get amazed by the beautiful golden statues. Get an unforgettable experience of history and art.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kandy Lake, Centre of Kandy City, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
See how complex batiks are created in a batik factory. Watch master craftsmen create intricate designs from scratch in the woodcarving center. Go to the gem museum to gain more knowledge on jewels and how they are crafted. Make purchases that will be great additions to your home or as a gift to a friend.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya Road, Peradeniya 20400 Sri Lanka
Visit the famous Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya, which were formed in the early 19th century. Walk through the vast area containing over 4000 species of plants. Enjoy the learning more about the orchids, spices and medicinal plants. Wander down avenues shaded by large and rare trees, or bordered by flowering plants. Enjoy seeing the cannonball tree, walking over the wobbly suspension bridge and through the short hedge mazes or even climbing the twisty trees that make wonderful jungle gyms
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Colombo
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Wearing well-covered attire along with sandals or flip flops are recommend for Temple of the Tooth Relic and to all other religious sights of Sri Lanka.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.