Kananaskis River Rafting Adventure
Enjoy a beautiful day rafting down the picturesque Kananaskis River in Alberta, Canada. This day trip from Banff or Canmore will get you into a raft and cruising down for 1.5 - 2 hours on the turquoise waters of the Kananaskis River, one of Alberta’s most pristine waterways. This excursion is an ideal introduction to the thrill of whitewater rafting, and is great for families or groups on the class 1-3 rapids. Spot local wildlife and soak up Canada’s unparalleled beauty as you cruise down this beautiful river. Includes optional pick-up and drop-off in Banff and Canmore.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1.5 to 2 hour rafting adventure, with an optional swim at the end
- All necessary equipment (wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rainjacket, wetsuit booties and gloves)
- Free photos of your rafting adventure available online
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kananaskis Valley, Highway 1A, Alberta Canada
Listen as the professional guides explain how to paddle and give safety instructions for your epic 1.5 to 2 hour adventure down the Kananaskis River, which originates in the Canadian Rockies and flows 46 miles (74 km) before emptying into the Bow River.
Relax as you cruise along the calm parts of the river, taking in the scenery of craggy mountains and verdant trees. Keep an eye out for wildlife like eagles and other birds soaring overhead and bears or deer walking along the banks of the river.
But don’t relax for too long — this is still an adventurous river. Listen as your guide directs you to navigate the periodic rapids. Hang tight as you bump up and down over the white water as if it were an aquatic bronco. When your rafting adventure comes to an end, you’ll be rewarded with snacks and high-fives, before relaxing on the ride back to your starting point.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chinook Rafting, 138 Banff Ave, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A7 Canada
After pick-up from Banff or Canmore (optional), take a brief but picturesque ride through the Canadian countryside to the tour meeting point.
Once you've signed a waiver and geared up at the riverbase, you'll be transported in a comfortable bus to the riverbase to begin your whitewater rafting journey.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Chinook Rafting, Riverbase, Stoney 142, 143, 144, AB T0L, Canada
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The minimum number for tour to run is eight people. Minimum needed for transport is three people.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Minimum age is 5 years old. Minimum weight is 40 pounds (18 kg). Maximum weight is 350 pounds (159 kg).
- Transport option is only available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays under activity title Kananaskis River Rafting Adventure with Transport.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking.
- Each booking must be for a minimum of 4 guests. Each raft will be private per booking and will hold 4 to 7 guests.
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests are required to bring a face mask with them to wear on the bus.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Each booking must be for 4 guests. Each raft will be private to a booking and hold 4 to 7 guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.