Kampong Glam audio tour: Wander through the heart of Malay culture in Singapore
Did you know that Malay is Singapore's National Language? Not English or Mandarin! Want to know why? Take a self guided audio tour around Kampong Glam for some clues.
This self guided audio tour traces the historical influence of Malays in Chinese-dominated Singapore.
Despite the proliferation of 'unIslamic' bars and restaurants serving alcohol, Malay influence is abundant in central Singapore's Kampong Glam district. It's home to the Malay ruler's historical palace and was once the centre of the region's Haj trade – a trade serviced by a port located within walking distance from the Sultan's palace, on nearby Beach Road.
Modern Singapore is immersed in Malay food, culture, traditions and language – the local 'Singlish' tongue could not exist without Malay – and the city's Malay history is an essential part of truly experiencing Singapore!
per adult from
1 day 6 hours 45 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Arab Street, Arab Street, Singapore
The tour goes along Arab Street.
Pass By: 21A Haji Lane 21A Haji Lane, Singapore 189214 Singapore
The tour goes along Haji Lane.
Pass By: Gedung Kuning, 73 Sultan Gate, Singapore 198497
The tour passes by Sultan Gate.
Pass By: Sultan Mosque, 3 Muscat Street Masjid Sultan, Singapore 198833 Singapore
The tour passes by Sultan Mosque.
Pass By: Zam Zam Restaurant, Singapore, 697-699 North Bridge Rd, Singapore 198675
The tour ends at Zam Zam Restaurant, Singapore.
Departure Point :Victoria Street, Victoria St, Singapore
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/27/2020 - 10/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Zam Zam Restaurant, Singapore, 697-699 North Bridge Rd, Singapore 198675
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.