Kalawewa National Park Private Safari
(SKU: LK50L01000) Explore the undisturbed nature of Kalawewa National Park on an exciting safari this holiday season. Get a chance to see the rare Tusker elephants that display the imposing magnificence of pachyderms. Get a chance to see many species of birds and other wildlife. This national park is a peaceful and fun place to visit, even if slightly off the beaten track.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 4x4 Safari Jeep (Maximum of 6 Passengers per jeep)
- Experienced Driver (Also your tracker)
- Free Pickup/Drop off from/to any location within the radius of 5 KM from the Park Gate.
- Water Bottle Per Person.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off if outside of 5km of park entrance gate
- Entrance fees for Jeep-only bookings (entrance fees to be paid in cash)
- Food and Beverages.
Your safari will take you to Kalawewa National Park, which is known to have the most numbers of tusker elephants. Tuskers are very rare among Sri Lankan elephants. The park is said to have over 15 tusked elephants, with over half having huge mature tusks. As the tuskers can be aggressive, it is strongly advised that you do not descend from your jeep for safety purposes (especially when coming upon lone elephants or large herds, which may get aggressive when disturbed), unless you are asked to by your guide.
Today the Kalawewa National Park is famous for being the park with highest concentration of tusker elephants and for the roaming elephant herds during migratory season. It is said that the cause for the higher number of tuskers that are exceedingly rare among Sri Lankan Elephants, is due to a genetic mutation among the elephants in the area. In addition, giant flocks of Open-billed Storks are a common sight as they fly over the Kumbuk woods that cover a large portion of the land.
• Kalawewa National Park, Kekirawa Sri Lanka
Departure Point :Kalawewa Nantuonal Park, Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
Park Gate of Kalawewa National Park
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.