Kalakshetra, Theosophical Society & Elliots Beach - Chennai
On this half day tour of Chennai visit the international headquarters of the Theosophical Society and retrace the steps of its founders, Mme. Blavatsky and Col. Olcott. Next visit the campus of the Kalakshetra Foundation and get a glimpse into the traditional art and dance forms of South India. End the tour with a walk on Elliot’s Beach.
• Campus of the Theosophical Society
• Kalakshetra Foundation
• Elliot’s Beach
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Kalakshetra Dance School
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Huddleston Gardens of Theosophical Society, Adyar, Chennai (Madras) India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to the headquarters of the Theosophical society located in Adyar, a suburb of Chennai. The Society was first established in New York but the headquarters were shifted to India after the two founding members, Mme. Blavatsky and Col. Olcott moved to India. Spend some time exploring the sprawling campus of the Society set amidst lush green gardens. The campus has an exceptional library with a very old collection of books.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kalakshetra Dance School, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai (Madras) India
Next drive to the campus of Kalakshetra Foundation. The Foundation was set up in 1936 for the preservation and teaching of traditional art and dance forms of South India. The sprawling campus is situated by the seashore and has a collection of several very old trees and plants. You can also see music and dance classes in progress.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Elliot's Beach, Near Besant Nagar, Chennai (Madras) India
After the campus visit, drive over to Elliot’s Beach, an exclusive beach of Chennai that has a Church and a modern temple dedicated to the Hindu Goddess Lakshmi situated close by.
After finishing your tour, enjoy lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant. After lunch, you will be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children below 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Theosophical Society remains closed on Sundays & Public Holidays, while, Kalakshetra remains closed on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays.
- Kalakshetra timings: 08.30 to 11.00 am
- Theosophical Society timings: 8:30 to 10 a.m. and 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.