Kakheti one day tour
Our day trip to Kakheti gives you opportunity to know more about Georgian wine history and producing technology.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bodbe Monastery of St. Nino, Signagi Georgia
Kakheti is a homeland of wine. There has been wine in Georgia almost as long as there have been Georgians. Grapevine has been cultivated in the fertile valleys of Georgia for about 8000 years. With over 500 varieties of endemic grapes and the world’s first cultivated grapevines, the traditions of viticulture are entwined with the country’s national identity. It’s also believed that the word “wine” is of Georgian origin (“ღვინო” - “ghvino” in Georgian). All over Georgia, archaeologists have found ancient wine presses and clay vessels, proving that viticulture has been practiced here at least since the 5th-4th millennia BC.Visit Bodbe – a convent in a very beautiful nature with the view of river Alazany valley. Bodbe is one of the most important pilgrim place, because there is a tomb of Saint Nino, who converted Georgia in Christianity.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sighnaghi, Sighnaghi, Kakheti Region
Visit Sighnaghi, (a city of love) is a nice touristic town with amazing view of river Alazani Valley and Caucasian mountains.
Sighnaghi is Turkish word meaning “a shelter”. It was built in 18th century by a famous king of Kakheti Erekle II to defend surrounding villages from North Caucasian Muslim peoples.
Nowadays there is no danger of attacking any invaders. It was newly restored and renovated just for you pleasure.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kvareli, Kvareli, Kakheti Region
Drive to Kvareli,excursion and Georgian wine tasting to the tunnel wine cellar “Khareba winery”.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Rose Revolution Square, T'bilisi, Georgia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.