Kaituna Cascades - Grade 5 Wairoa River near Tauranga
Take on the mighty Wairoa River in an adrenaline pumping rafting expedition you'll never forget! The Grade 5 Wairoa River near Tauranga is renowned for having some of the best white water action in New Zealand.
Kaituna Cascades run the whole section of the river including the bottom three rapids and the lower waterfall!
Hold on for dear life as you tackle 'Mothers Nightmare' which has a technical grade 4 rock garden, closely followed by a tight 2 metre drop.
Experience the thrill of 'The Rollercoaster' - consisting of the aptly named 'Devils Cauldron' and the breathtaking 'Bottom Drop'.
Feel the rush of 'The Waterfall' which has an awesome 3 metre drop into a churning pool of white water through the Wairoa Rivers boulder-strewn rock canyon.
Topped off with a lite lunch and refreshments at the end of river!
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Free Transport (with 9:30am trip)
- Wetsuits, Booties, Fleece Tops & Splash Jackets
What's excluded :
- Shuttle service is not available for 1pm trip
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wairoa River, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
• Duration: 1.5 - 2 hours on Class 5 White Water
• Availability: 26 days Sundays per year available over summer
• Times: Two trips per day 9.30am & 1pm.
• Transport: Free transport from Rotorua can be provided for the 9:30am trip only. We will pick you up from your accommodation at 8:30am in Rotorua, and you will return by 2pm. For the 1pm trip please meet us over there at the Wairoa river location.
• What to bring: Sense of adventure, swimwear & a towel.
• What we provide: Custom built rafts, wetsuits, helmets, lifejackets, paddles, fleece tops, wetsuit booties and splash jackets.
• Location: The river is located just outside Tauranga on Highway 29, 20 minutes drive from Tauranga or 1 hour drive from Rotorua.
• Conditions: 13+ years only.
• Fitness Level: A reasonable fitness level is required as this is a challenging river.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1368 State Highway 29, Lower Kaimai 3171, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Must be 13+ years old
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Government QR Code
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.