Jungle Waterfalls Hike
Discover Maui's unique jungle and waterfall settings while hiking and rock hopping, within the West Maui Mountains, the oldest inactive volcano on Maui where the last eruption was 320,000 years ago!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Snacks - Light snacks, such as healthy trail mixes, energy bars, & chips.
- Bottled water
- First Aid Kit, mosquito repellant, hand sanitizer, hand wipes, paper towels, and other necessities.
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional/recommended)
- A face shield is also offered for $5
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waihee Canyon, North of Walluku on 340, Maui, HI 96793
Enjoy the sweet smell of yellow and white ginger flowers as we hike through a lush forest in the West Maui Mountains that is easy to miss. Part of this adventure is the road less traveled, and at times, the entire journey feels that way.
Initially hike through bamboo thickets to a dirt trail that weaves in and out of a lava rock stream (involves rock hopping) to an upper tier waterfall and pool for swimming. Along the way, we'll point out old native ruins, native species, such as Awapuhi ginger (seasonal) for conditioning the skin and hair right there! And Banyan trees, originally from India, with aerial roots that leave us in awe of nature. After feeling refreshed from our first swim, we'll return to the original point of entry and begin our decent to the next phase of this journey.
The 2nd phase involves hiking through giant basalt formations, while descending down to a lower tier waterfalls to explore and swim in the freshwater pools. The first tier has a natural waterfall slide that gushes into the pool, which is great for kids. Or if you prefer jumping into the pool, go for it! We'll then hike further down the rocky stream to an incredible banyan tree with giant routes for climbing down to a larger more secluded, 2nd tier waterfall and pool, with the option of climbing into the fall. Epic! From here, we stand above an even larger and steep 3rd tier waterfall, for viewing, that gushes toward the ocean.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For Kahului Harbor Cruise-ship guests: Pick-up is across street from Harbor at the Maui Mall, 70 E Kaahumanu Ave, Kahului, 96732, due to restrictions/Drop-off is at the Port, due to security clearance with Cruise-ship guests ID's. For all other travelers: Kahului Park and Ride (Google Map coordinates)Kuihelani Hwy, Kahului, HI 96732Ports
- Kahului Harbor
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Masks are not required for hiking in nature due to stamina needed and prolonged energy for the day. However, please bring masks should you need to enter facilities or public areas that require one. Disposable masks are provided, if need.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.