Juneau City Sightseeing and Mendenhall Glacier Tour
Enjoy this narrated city tour with a trained local Alaskan guide. Natives of Juneau will regal you with stories from local history that stretches back 10,000 years – to the beginning of human history in the area.
The crowning point of the tour is Juneau’s natural treasure, the Mendenhall Glacier. One of 38 glaciers flowing from the massive 1,500-square-mile Juneau Ice field. At this stop you can explore this glacial wonder from a variety of perspectives like Nugget Creek Falls and Photo Point Trail, which winds along Mendenhall Lake to an unobstructed view of the glacier’s face.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center
- Entry/Admission - Nugget Falls
- Entry/Admission - Overstreet Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch and dinner expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center, 8150 Mendenhall Loop Rd Tongass National Forest, Juneau, AK 99801
Optional activities and hikes available at the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor's Center.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nugget Falls, Photo Point Trail, Juneau, AK 99801
This is an optional hike at the Glacier. Total distance is 2 miles roundtrip, 1.5 hours roundtrip.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Juneau, Juneau, Alaska
This historic mining town is situated right between stunning mountains and the ocean. Get the highlights from your knowledgeable guide about the history and culture of Alaska's capital city
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Overstreet Park, Harris Harbor Way, Juneau, AK 99801
The icon of Juneau - a life-sized breaching humpback whale statue
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Mount Roberts Tramway, 490 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.