Johor Day Tour - Ostrich Farm, Beach, Waterfall, Fireflies [Car]
Escape the busy city and venture into the rural and kids friendly sites of Johor. Feed and learn the interesting fun facts of the ostrich. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of low tide at Tanjung Balau as this is when the hidden marine life are revealed. Get chilled and rejuvenated at the natural waterfall, Kids definitely love splashing the water and perfectly ends the day by traveling under the stars, fireflies all over and the trees light up like Christmas trees. This tour program and transportation arrangement is tailored made for family with kids age from 1 to 12 years old and explore the day trip at your own pace.
* Educational and fresh nature experience
* Feed or even ride on the Ostrich if you dare
* Entertained by cartoon movies in the private transport
* Be amazed by the beautiful seascape during low tide
* Splash out the joy of nature at the chilled waterfall
* Surrounded by magical flickering creatures
per adult from
What's included :
- Express Way Fees, fuel, parking fees
- Admission to Desaru Ostrich Farm
- Admission Low Tide at Tanjung Balau Beach
- Admission to Kota Tinggi Waterfall
- Admission to Kota Tinggi Fireflies Park
- Entry/Admission - Desaru Ostrich Farm
- Entry/Admission - Kota Tinggi Waterfalls
- Entry/Admission - Kota Tinggi Firefly Park
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Desaru Ostrich Farm, EMR 15, Kampung Simon, Teluk Ramunia, 81620 Malaysia
This is the largest Ostrich Farm in Malaysia that run by a family with about 200 ostriches in the farm.
Kids can feed the ostrich with their hands and taste the ostrich product such as ostrich omelete, ostrich stay served only during the weekend
As you enter the farm, there will be a guide to bring you to see the young chicks and other ostrich of different ages, how they are breed, fed and sharing of interesting fun facts of the ostrich.
Ostriches like to peck, They peck 1,500 times a day. But it doesn’t hurt. They have no teeth, no sharp ends.
Ostriches have a unique character. You try and reach them, they will run away. You stay still, they will come to you.The farm supplies four restaurants with ostrich meat and also has a restaurant on site that serves up ostrich-themed dishes such as omelette, satay, bak kut teh and even nuggets for between 10 and 25 ringgit (S$3.30 and S$8.30).
The eggs are high in protein and low in cholesterol, while the meat is lean. The dishes were created by the owner - Colin and his wife. The most popular one: stir fried ostrich meat.
If your children feel brave enough, they can also try riding on the ostrich.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tanjung Balau, Tanjung Balau, Kota Tinggi District, Johor
Tanjung Balau is the oldest fishing village in Johor, Malaysia. This beach site is established more than a hundred years ago by fishermen from the north-eastern Malayan states of Kelantan and Terengganu.
There is a Fishermen’s Museum nearby the car parking area and it showcase artefacts on exhibit include fishing nets and tackles, and traditional tools used to fish. Visitors also get treated to a dose of local seafaring superstitions and techniques to determine a good catch.
The entire seascape at Tanjung Balau is especially beautiful during low tide as this is when the hidden marine life are revealed. There are lots of seashells in various shapes and sizes, small fish trapped in shallow pools of water between rocks and sandbars, and tiny crabs skittering across the sand, then disappearing just as quickly into unseen holes. Thus, getting the right timing to visit this site is important as the low tide timing is changing daily.
However, the most unique feature about Tanjung Balau are the wind-stressed rock formations seen only during low tide. The rocks are believed to be from the Permo-Carboniferous age, which is more ancient than those of the Permian period that began 275 million years ago!
It is possible to have a closer look at these prehistoric formations if you take the cement walkway that extends out to sea, circling round a little bay on another side of the promontory, before crossing a small bridge that joins up with the mainland. A number of shelters have been built along the walkway to allow visitors to take in the lapping waves against the rocky surrounds.
Ideally visit this place in Mar to Oct season, avoid the Monsoon season as the wind and waves are too great
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kota Tinggi Waterfalls, 15 km NW of Kota Tinggi Town Malaysia
This is a small waterfall that suitable for kids, the water is cold and the rock is slippery and everything is natural. The negative ion riched environment will makes you feel relax and pleasant.
At first, kids will yell on the chilling water, but once getting soaked or dipped into the water, the smiles and splashes never stopped. Its really cooling and rejuvenating
Small fishes and water spider is seen in the water too. bring some bread to feed them is not a bad idea for the kids.
1. No running or jumping on the rocks, walk slowly
2. Avoid waterfall after heavy rain
3. No shower facility, only changing room. Bring your own changing clothes and our driver will ensure you have a clean toilet break before and after the visit to this waterfall.
4. No swimwear, just feel free and easy
Ideally visit this place in Jan to Nov season, avoid the raining season as the water will be more muddy
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kota Tinggi Firefly Park, Jalan Kota Tinggi, Johor Bahru 81900 Malaysia
It is a magical 45 minutes Firefly River Cruise Tour. Travel under the stars, fireflies all over and the trees light up like Christmas trees, feel the miracle of nature! Johor Kota Tinggi river is a rare breeding ground and habitats for fireflies and the best thing is that you can see the fireflies all around the years, as long as it is not raining. Thousands of fireflies spread over the banks of the river and correspond to the stars, creating a unique landscape. Occasionally, fireflies would fly right into the boat. Moreover, you might be able to see iguana or big lizard or Monkeys perched up on the tree branches during the boat ride. Younger ones would definitely love it.
Ideally visit this place in Jan to Nov season, avoid the raining season as when raining, the fireflies are not active and not easy to see the fireflies too.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Bring your own changing clothes for the waterfall. Do not need to be swimwear, just feel free and easy
- Make sure you have Malaysia Ringgit notes prepared on hands, many local eateries do not accept credit card yet
- Kindly let us know if you need infant or child seat booster, how old is the kid so that we can prepare the child seat accordingly
- Kindly inform us in advance if you have certain diet restriction for your meals so that our driver can prepare some options before hands
- We can accommodate customization for the tour, you may celebrate the birthday during the trip and we can help to arrange and driver could help to prepare the birthday cake too
- Malaysia is ranked the top destinations for tasting local food, why not take this private tour for the fascinating local food tasting with the help from our local driver?
- Low tide timing for Tanjung Balau will be changed over the year, we will inform the itinerary program 5 days before the trip
- Our customer service officer will advise and make adjustment with clients permission accordingly if bad weather or certain attraction is closed for unforeseenable circumstances
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.