Johannesburg, Soweto and Apartheid Museum Guided Day Tour private
Combine Johannesburg city tour, Soweto, and Apartheid Museum in one tour
Learn through your guide's commentary
All entrance fees included
Lunch, snacks, bottled water
Round-trip hotel transportation
Get to know the history and landmarks of Johannesburg, also known as the City of Gold, in a full-day tour. Visit Soweto, the hometown of Nelson Mandela, as well as a full city tour and a visit to the Apartheid Museum. All entrance fees, lunch, snacks, and bottled water included. Pickup and drop-off at your Johannesburg hotel.
per adult from
What's included :
- entrance fee
- Qualified Guide
- pick up and from hotel and drop off after tour
- Entry/Admission - Apartheid Museum
What's excluded :
- soviniar (available for purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apartheid Museum, Northern Park Way and Gold Reef Rd, Johannesburg 2001 South Africa
Depart from your hotel location in Johannesburg for this historical tour, which features Johannesburg, Soweto and Apartheid Museum all in one day.
Sail through Johannesburg suburbs, meandering through different roads all built in the apartheid era with a glimpse of South Africa traffic on the motorway past Johannesburg City where you will get to see the tall buildings of Johannesburg city famously known as City of Gold. As you continue to your destination, you get to pass through a few mines that show evidence of Johannesburg being a City of Gold. As you approach Soweto township, you get a different feeling due to the a different City Plan, and yes you will have arrived in South West Town A.K.A Soweto.
You'll then dig into the two museums, namely Hector Peterson famous for its 1976 youth uprising, which shook the then Apartheid government to its core. You'll also get to see Mandela house, which has been also turned into a museum and after you head to Apartheid Museum to know actually what was happening during apartheid. Wind down the tour by passing through Nelson Mandela bridge constructed in honour of the late Icon.
Conclude your tour and go back to your hotel.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
hotel private homes
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.