Joburg_Soweto:Apartheid Historical Tour
Get to understand the influence of the walls inside the highest court in South Africa, The Constitutional court, it is a deeply significant and symbolic site. Learn about the history of the country under the apartheid era at The Apartheid Museum. During this tour you will drive passed the well-known bridge named after the former first black president Nelson Mandela.Indulge in an African Cuisine in Soweto after having walked in the only street that have produced two Novel Price winners.Learn about the shack lifestyle of the poor people,then the 1976 student uprising.
• Begin your African dream with a drive from the legendary streets of Johannesburg with the tall buildings influenced by the British Empire.
• Go to The Constitutional Hill
• Go to Apartheid Museum,then Soweto
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Depart from your hotel to the centre of Johannesburg, where your tour guide will be highlighting the history of the city with a general over view of the province called Gauteng. You will learn about some historical buildings and places falling under the heritage of Johannesburg. Cross the Nelson Mandela Bridge on your way to The Constitutional Hill where you will be learning about how the constitutional court was founded and the older life of the closed doors of the Old Fort Prison. Get to understand the influence of the walls inside The Constitutional court. Drive around the industrial site of Johannesburg on the way to Gold Reef City. Arrive at The Apartheid Museum to learn about the history of the country under the apartheid era. Arrive in Soweto to local restaurants where you will indulge in local cuisine before getting to the Mandela house at Vilakazi Street. Get to learn more of the Bantu Education and its
brutality caused by Hector Peterson. Go to Kliptown where you will learn about squatter camps and the freedom charter drawn in 1955.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your Confirmed Accommodation in either Pretoria/Johannesburg
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.