Jiufen Village (Chiufen) and Northeast Coast Half-Day Tour from Taipei
Immerse yourself in the nostalgic atmosphere of 1940s.
Far from the bustling urban life, these small towns have their own charms and flavors. Jiufen is one of them, a hillside town that was once prosperous during the boom of gold mining.
In this tour, you will learn about the mining history of Taiwan, and enjoy a scenic tour along the stunning Northeast Coast.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Admission fee and entrance ticket included in the itinerary
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Taipei City downtown only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nanya Rock Area, Coastal Highway, Ruifang, New Taipei Taiwan
Meet with your tour guide and driver in the afternoon, then take a scenic ride to the northeast part of Taipei and discover the remnants of the gold rush past.
Before you reach the town of Jiufen, you will stop by Nanya, which is known for the unique rock formations eroded by sea water, lying along the coastline.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Yin Yang Sea (陰陽海), 226 (ROC), 瑞芳區新北市 Taiwan 224
Then you will past by Bay of Two Colors, literally a bay where the sea is split into two colors – yellow and blue. The Chinese name “Ying Yang Sea” is given because the contrasting colors are associated with the Chinese Yin and Yang symbol.
Stop At: Jinguashi 13 Ruins, Ruifang Dist., Ruifang, New Taipei Taiwan
Next, you will stop by Jinguashi Remains of the 13 Levels. Established in the 1940s, this copper and gold refining plant was shut down in the 1980s due to the exhausting of mine ore. From far away, this building looks like an abandoned palace, and becomes a popular shooting spot for music video and TV commercials.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Chiufen (Jiufen Old Street), Jishan Street, Ruifang, New Taipei 22450 Taiwan
Finally, the last stop and also the highlight of this tour – Jiufen. Flourished in the 1940s due to the gold mining industry, even though the golden age has long gone, this small town still has lots of stories to tell. The movie “A City of Sadness” directed by award winning director Hou Hsiao-hsien, made Jiufen once again brought to people’s attention and become the most popular tourist spot in Northern Taiwan.
You may take a sit in one of these unique tea shops, and enjoy a picturesque view of the town. Or stroll along the street, where you may enjoy a little shopping for the local snacks and souvenirs. If you have a sweet tooth, don’t miss opportunity to try the famous local snack “Taro Balls”!
Your tour ends with return transport to your Taipei hotel in the late afternoon.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels in Taipei City Center. If the hotel lobby is located on an upper level, please meet the tour guide on the ground level of the hotel building. Exact pick-up time will be provided by local operator upon confirmation.
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Times and sequences are subject to change according to the weather and traffic condition.
- Not recommended for travelers with knee problems.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Free masks are only available for those guests who do not have their own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.