Jim Thompson's House & Suan Pakkard Palace Tour from Bangkok
Visit the house of Jim Thomson—founder of the Thai Silk Company—and pay a visit to the magnificent Suan Pakkard Palace. See the Thompson house, which has been transformed into a splendid museum full of Southeast Asian art, and tour Suan Pakkard Palace, the former home of Prince Paripatra.
- Discovery of the life & history of Jim Thomson
- Inspiring architecture & beauty of Jim Thomson's House
- 4 traditional houses at the Historical Suan Pakkard Palace
- Impressive display of royal antiques & collectibles
- Stress-free roundtrip transfer from your Bangkok city hotel
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking licensed guide
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
- Entry/Admission - Jim Thompson House
- Entry/Admission - Suan Pakkad Palace Museum
What's excluded :
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or Gratuities to guide and driver
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bangkok, Bangkok
Duration : 08:30 hrs - 12:30 hrs
08:30 : Meet your private English-speaking guide in the hotel’s lobby or meeting point
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jim Thompson House, 6, Soi Kasem San 2, Rama 1 Road Wang Mai, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Visit Jim Thompson’s Thai House. This remarkable Thai style house is named after the man who created it from several exceptional examples of traditional Thai domestic architecture. Jim Thompson came to Thailand at the end of World War II. He became famous for reviving the Thai silk industry before disappearing under mysterious circumstances somewhere in Malaysia. Now a museum, Jim Thompson?s Thai House contains connoisseur collections of Asian artifacts and antiques.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Suan Pakkad Palace Museum, 352 - 354 Sri Ayudhya Rd Rajathevi, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
11:00 : Continue to visit Suan Pakkad used to be the residence of Princess Chumbhotpong Paripatra of Nagor Svarga, one of Thailand’s leading art collector. There is a complex of five traditional Thai House, overlooking a beautifully keep garden. They house a large collection of Asia art and antiques.
12:30 : Transfer back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Phayathai Plaza Office Building, 128/72 Phayathai Rd, thung phayathai, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand
2: Bangkok, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Free of charge Door to Door Pick up for CITY CENTER BANGKOK DISTRICT AREA (3 KM radius area) with namely Sukhumvit Soi (Lane) -1 to 33, Sukhumvit area Soi 1 to 33 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even), Pratunam, Silom, Langsuan, Wireless Road, Sathorn, Surawongse, Siam, MBK, Yawarat (China Town), Khao San Road (Excluded City Tour) can pick up only in our meeting Royal Rattanakosin Hotel You can also join our tours at BANGKOK MEETING POINTS - Our office, Sun Leisure World Corporation, Phaya Thai Plaza Buidling, Phaya Thai Road, Bangkok-101400An additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 3 miles (5 km) radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are committed to ensure the safety of travelers according to the Standard Operating Procedures of the World Health Organization (WHO) Standards
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.