Jewish Heritage In Mumbai - A Private Cultural Tour
This cultural excursion into Mumbai’s once formidable Jewish community highlights the sites and history of these proud people. Visit four synagogues and other important Jewish institutions as your guide shares with you the history of Mumbai’s Jewish community and provides a glance at today’s Jewish life within Mumbai.
• Mumbai’s Unique Jewish History
• Four Jewish Synagogues.
• Jewish High Schools
• Former Residences of the Sassoon Family
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle.
- Hotel pick up & drop off within central city.
- English Speaking Guide.
- 02 bottle of mineral water per person per day.
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Magen David Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - David Sassoon Library and Reading Room
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Magen David Synagogue, 340, Sir J. J. Road Byculla, Mumbai 400008 India
You will be picked up from your hotel within the city center at 09:30 AM in your private, air-conditioned vehicle.
Start your tour this morning by paying visits to Mumbai’s Knesset Eliyahoo Synagogue, Magen David Synagogue, Tiphereth Israel Synagogue, and Gate of Mercy Synagogue. The fascinating tour of Mumbai’s Jewish community, which numbered about 30,000 in the late 1940s will run about six hours. Today a few thousand still make Mumbai their home. See the Jewish Schools on the Campus of the Magen David Synagogue: Sir Jacob Sassoon High School and E E E Sassoon High School. Then make visits to a hospital supported by Jewish contributions: Masina Hospital, the former Residence of Sir Jacob Sassoon. Also visit the Statue of Prince Albert / David Sassoon and Clock Tower Drive on Dr. E Moses Road named after the former Mayor of Mumbai.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: David Sassoon Library and Reading Room, 152 David Sassoon Library Marg Library Marg, Fort, Mumbai 400001 India
After a lunch break (at own expense) visit additional institutions built with Jewish contributions such as the David Sassoon Library, the Institute of Science, Sassoon Docks, and the former Residences of David Sassoon and Albert Sassoon. The Sassoon family was nicknamed the “Rothschilds of the East” due to the great wealth they accumulated in trade. From the 18th century, the Sassoons were one of the wealthiest families in the world, with a merchant empire spanning the continent of Asia.
Upon conclusion, you will be driven back to your hotel within the city center in your private air-conditioned vehicles.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is Smart-Casual
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.