Jewish Heritage in Moscow - Private tour
This 5-hour Jewish walking tour with an expert private guide will give you an understanding of Jewish heritage in Russia and take you to all the historical places of Jews in Moscow.
Check out historic Jewish sites, explore the Jewish communities. A knowledgeable insider will tell you where Jews in Russia came from. Learn about Jewish life, culture and traditions in present-day Moscow, and enjoy a local Kosher lunch (optional).
Visit Jewish Museum & Tolerance Center or Museum of the Jewish History in Russia, Moscow Choral Synagogue, Bolshaya Bronnaya Synagogue, Holocaust memorial synagogue. If time permits, indulge in a coffee break in Art Café in Jewish Community Center.
Take part in an interactive discussion about Jewish and Chassidic traditions and culture with onsite guides in Museum of Jewish History of Russia. This tour can be customized to make it a unique experience for you.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes
- Meeting in the hotel
- Private tour with a friendly local guide
- Multiple start times available
- Customized itinerary
- Flexibility during the tour
- Cultural insight into history, traditions and local life of Jews in Russia
- Expert local advice on where to go and what to do after the tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (optional, not all places have entrance fees)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Jewish History in Russia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moscow Choral Synagogue, Bol.Spasoglinishchevskiy pereulok, 10, Moscow 101000 Russia
This tour can be customized to make it a unique experience for you. Your private local guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and discuss the tour itinerary with you at the beginning of the tour. Timing is flexible and you can start the tour any time you prefer.
Set out on a tour through the hundreds of years of history of the Jewish people in Russia and get a glimpse into local Jewish monuments, relics, and present-day reality. Take part in a discourse about Jewish traditions, society, and ways of life with a museum guide in Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center or Museum of Jewish History of Russia (optional tour).
10.00 am Meeting the guide in the hotel lobby
11.00 am Visit the most fundamental synagogue in Russia and in the former Soviet Union – the Moscow Choral Synagogue sanctified nearly 110 years ago.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Synagogue On Bolshaya Bronnaya, Bolshaya Bronnaya St., 6 Metro Pushkinskaya, Moscow 123104 Russia
12.00 Historic walk through the downtown. This historical center is interactive, and permits you to truly touch history in its 12 halls. Visit Bolshaya Bronnaya Synagogue, assembled as a private synagogue by a tycoon Lazar Solomonovich Polyakov.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Victory Park, Bratyev Fonchenko st., 7, Moscow 121170 Russia
Climb up Poklonnaya Hill in Victory Park and get dramatic views of Moscow. Take in the Holocaust Memorial Synagogue that supplements an Orthodox church and a Mosque that are likewise a portion of the open air historical center devoted to Russia's triumph in World War II.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kitai-Gorod and Varvarka Street, Varvarka St. Kitai-Gorod, east of the Kremlin, Moscow Russia
13.00 Lunch time. Savor a delicious Kosher Lunch (not included in price).
14.00 Explore the Kitay Gorod or Maryina Roscha area, the oldest neighborhoods of Moscow after the Kremlin, developed in the fourteenth century which was home to Jews back in that time.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center, Obraztsova St., 11, build. 1A, Moscow 127018 Russia
14.30 Soak up the atmosphere in the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center – they say it is the biggest Jewish exhibition worldwide. Track the historical backdrop of Russia beginning from the time of Catherine the Great down to our days through the bits of history about the way of life and everyday life of the Jewish people. It is nothing like a traditional museum.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museum of Jewish History in Russia, Petrovsko-Razumovskaya Alley, 10/3, Moscow 127083 Russia
15.00 Finish the tour at the museum or get back to your hotel (to be discussed with a guide on tour, depends on your preference).
*The itinerary is subject to change.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Lobby of your hotel. Please provide the exact name and address of your hotel.Your guide will meet you at your centrally-located hotel, hostel or vacation rentalYou don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Private walking tour with the use of metro
- Please indicate prefer start time in comments when booking
- The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note: on Saturdays all the synagogues are closed for tourists (including Moscow Choral Synagogue, the Synagogue on Bolshaya Bronnaya street, Holocaust Memorial Synagogue) and all the Jewish museums are closed for any visitors (Jewish Museum and Tolerance Centre and also the Museum of the History of the Jews in Russia).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.