Jerash and Ajloun Castle Day Trip
Explore Jordan's rich history on this full-day tour to Jerash and Ajloun castle, departing from Amman. Take in the magnificent Roman and Medieval Islamic architecture and explore at your leisure on this private tour. This tour includes transport by a private vehicle and hotel pickup and drop-off.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation (hotel pickup and Drop-off, air-conditioned vehicle, on-board WiFi, Fuel Surcharge)
- English-speaking driver
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Meals, Gratuities, Local guide at the site, Personal Expenses, Admission Fees
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Entry/Admission - Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jerash Ruins, Jerash Jordan
Following pickup, your first stop will be at Jerash, located about an hour north from the city center of Amman and considered one of the largest and most well-preserved sites of Roman architecture in the world outside of Italy. Jerash, conquered by General Pompey in 63 BC, fell under Roman rule and was one of the 10 greatest Roman cities.
Once in Jerash, your driver will assist you to prepare your entry and book a private local guide (optional, at own expense). You will have the opportunity to explore the colonnaded streets, baths, theaters, plazas, and arches of Jerash. There will be a lot of walking, but it will be well worth the stroll, so make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes on the day of the tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad), Ajlun Jordan
Next, you will be driven to Ajloun Castle, which was built in 1184 AD by one of Saladin’s generals. The castle became important in the defense against the Crusaders. The castle is one of the best-preserved examples of Medieval Arab-Islamic military architecture. The Castle tour is a walking tour on your own. After Ajloun Castle, you will meet your driver at the entrance. Your tour will conclude with a drop-off at your hotel or accommodation.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup Point: Pickup from any hotel in Amman Return point: Tour ends at the same pickup location
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.