Jasper Rock Climbing Experience
Join this 4-hour rock climbing session for an authentic mountain experience. Meet at your local operator's office in Jasper and travel a short distance to a perfect limestone wall next to the Athabasca river – Morro Slabs. Once at the site, you will receive some instruction on gear and techniques.
Trips run daily from June 5 - September 15.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Use of helmet, harness and climbing shoes
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop off
The group meets at our Jasper office located downtown at 610 Patricia St. After getting your gear and an overview of the day, we provide transportation to the climbing site, a 20 minute drive from town.
Once on site your guide will provide some basic instruction on the equipment and you will begin by learning how to use the ropes to safely lower down the cliff. Once established at the bottom, your instructor will provide simple yet effective instruction on how to use the equipment to safeguard each other on the wall, a technique called belaying.
Your guide will set-up the rope systems and you will have an opportunity to climb a variety of routes ranging from “easy” to “challenging”. Your guide will ensure safety and provide coaching as you engage the challenge in a beautiful spot next to the Athabasca river.
This trip involves a short 10 minute hike to the climbing site. We welcome all fitness levels for this trip, but we recommend a basic fitness that allows you to hike a short distance and the willingness to try standing on your toes on a limestone wall. If you become tired on the wall, it is no problem to lower back down, take a rest, and try again.
• Athabasca River, Jasper National Park, Alberta Canada
• Rockaboo Mountain Adventures, 610 Patricia Street (upstairs), Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0 Canada
• Jasper, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta
• Jasper National Park, Jasper National Park, Alberta
Departure Point :610 Patricia St, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Waiver: You will be required to sign a liability waiver before participating in the rock climbing activity.
- Medical Information: If you have any medical condition that may impede your ability to participate please let us know upon arrival. Any medications that are going in to the field should be disclosed to your guide pre-departure
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE when physical distancing cannot be maintained. Face masks required in transportation. We encourage clients to bring their own PPE. Clothing - All guests bring their own clothing suitable for the weather.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.