Janakpur 2 days 1 night Tour from Kathmandu
Janakpur Nepal is known for the famous for Janaki Temple (or also known as Janaki Mandir), which was once the the palace for the lovebird – Goddess Sita and Lord Rama.
Janakpur is the birthplace of Goddess Sita too. We called Janakpur – city of love. A lot of couples got married at the Janaki Temple, and we believed once a couple tight the knot in Janaki Temple, they will get the blessings and will live happily together forever.
Janakpur is 8 hours away travel on beutiful BP Highway Nepal, and is 226km away from Kathmandu.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- 1 night accommodation at Janakpur best hotel – Hotel Sitasharan.
- Round trip transportation in Janakpur
- Fully AC Car used – Avanza, Toyata Hiace, or bus.
- English Speaking Tour Guide x 1
- Driver x 1
- Private Tour
- All entrance fees as stated in the itinerary
- All taxes and service charges.
- Mineral water in car.
- Petrol & Parking fees.
- Entry/Admission - Janakpur Dham Rail Station
- Entry/Admission - Kathmandu Durbar Square
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses.
- Travel insurance.
- Domestic flight ticket mentioned as optional.
- Single Traveller will subject to USD 100 extra charges.
Day 1: Travel from Kathmandu to Janakpur!
Stop At: Station Road Janakpur Dham Rail Station, Janakpur Nepal
07.00am: Pick up from your hotel in Kathmandu, and we will drive to Janakpur on the scenic BP highway.
NOTE: Lunch en route at local restaurant. Your tour guide will provide best on location lunch to you.
03.00am: Arrive in Janakpur, check in to Hotel Sitasharan – best hotel in Janakpur Nepal.
04.00pm: We will visit
1) Janaki Temple/Janaki Mandir. Description: Janaki Temple is the palace where Goddess Sita was born. It was built in the year of 1898 by Queen Brisabhanu Kunwari (Tikamgarh, India). It was also known as “Nine lakh Temple” as the cost of construting this Janaki Temple is “900 000 rupees”.
2) Rama Sita Vivaha Temple or Rama Sita Vivaha Mandir. Description: Vivah Mandap Temple is a another building located next to Janaki Temple/Janaki Mandir. This is the place where Goddess Sita and Lord Rama were married. According to Ramayana, prince Rama was the only man can lift the “bow” of Lord Shiva, thus the King (father of princess Sita) married his daughter – Sita to prince Rama. This Vivah Mandap Temple was the place which marked the marriage of these two lovebirds.
3) Ganga Sagar Pond Evening Aarti. Descriptions: Everyday, at 6.30pm, a lot of people came to Ganga Sagar for praying and light up candles. The pilgrims believed that whosoever takes a dip in Ganga Sagar at Janakpur will attain “Moksha”. It will bring weath and prosperity and this Ganga Sagar is as holy as “Ganga Ganges” in Varanasi of India.
NOTES: We will bring you to the nicest “Lassi” in Nepal which located at Janak Chowk near to Janaki Temple, named of the place – Bindu Lassi Shop. It is the best in Nepal, or maybe India.
The “Lassi” in Ason Market Kathmandu is originated from Janakpur Nepal.
07.00pm: Back at hotel. Dinner at hotel.
08.00pm: After dinner, rest & relax. Tour ends.
OPTIONAL: You can choose to fly from Kathmandu to Janakpur by domestic flight, at additional charges of USD 119 with 20kg checked in luggage, all taxes and 7kg hand carry luggage. Duration of flight is 30 minutes.
Duration: 13 hours
Accommodation included: Hotel Sitasharan
Day 2: Janakpur Tour , and drive back to Kathmandu!
Stop At: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
06.00am: Breakfast at hotel.
07.00am: We will visit the Janaki Temple again in the morning, and to see the locals life/culture around the Janaki Temple such as barber shop on the street, cows, goats, ducks, pigs, chicken. If you want to experience “India”, Janakpur Nepal is the place you must visit.
08.30am: We will visit “Nepal Railway” – This is the only railway in Nepal which connect Jaynagar in India and Janakpur, and is 53km long. However, now, it is not in operation, it will resume operation in year 2020.
11.00am: We will drive from Janakpur to Kathmandu. Journey will take around 8 hours on scenic BP highway.
NOTE: Lunch en route at own expenses.
07.00pm: Arrive in Kathmandu, check in to your hotel. Tour ends.
OPTIONAL: You can choose to fly from Janakpur to Kathmandu by domestic flight, at additional charges of USD 119 with 20kg checked in luggage, all taxes and 7kg hand carry luggage. Duration of flight is 30 minutes.
Duration: 12 hours
Accommodation included: not available
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide us your hotel of staying(for pick up and drop arrangement):
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.