Jalan-Jalan at Kampong Bharu
This 3 hours walking tour takes you into the beating heart of Malay Kuala Lumpur. Imagine a village surrounded by high-rise buildings in the middle of the City. Discover the cradle of Malay culture, heritage and traditions including sampling of local street food with local guides.
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking Local guide (or driver cum guide)
- Guided Walking tour
- Shared transfer and tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off surcharge (hotels located greater Kuala Lumpur)
- Kampong Bharu, meaning “New Village”, was founded in 1899 and is the oldest residential area in Kuala Lumpur. Through much of KL has been modernized, Kampung Bharu still maintains a strong sense of history, as seen through the many traditional Malay wooden houses.
Touring of Kampung Bharu, include the visits to:
• Kelab Sultan Sulaiman - a social club that was formed in 1901 as a meeting place and gatherings for the newly settled residents of Kampung Baru
• Master Mat's House - built in 1921, used to be the home of the late a well-respected headmaster of an English school in Setapak
• Kelab Sultan Sulaiman Gallery - showcases the history of the Malay political struggle
• Malay Food Street along Jalan Raja Muda Musa - opportunity to try out popular Malay street-food
• Rumah Limas built in 1949 - example of a traditional home, complete with stained glass windows, wood-panelled walls and stone pillars
• Masjid Jamek Kampong Bharu - beautiful mosaic-adorned gateway, the mosque has been a focal point of the Muslim community here for more than a century
• Herbal and Sundry Shop
• Gurdwara Tatt Khalsa Sikh temple built in 1922 - a place of worship and religious school for the Sikh community in KL.
• Evening Street Bazaar along Jalan Raja Alang
Return to hotel after tour. Tour Ends.
Departure Point :Sultan Sulaiman Club, Jalan Dewan Sultan Sulaiman, Kampung Baru, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from hotels located Greater Kuala Lumpur (ie, Ampang, KL Sentral, Petaling Jaya, Subang Area, Sepang, Sunway, Putrajaya, etc) available with surcharge.
Return Detail :Jalan Raja Alang, Chow Kit, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note that hotel pickup and drop-off service operates only for hotels within the Kuala Lumpur central city limits. If you are staying within the following area, pick-up/drop-off service available at additional fee (contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher):
- Greater Kuala Lumpur: KL Sentral, Petaling Jaya & Subang Area - hotels located within this area
- Sri Kembangan: Palace of the Golden Horses, and other hotels located within this area
- Shah Alam: Holiday Inn Glenmarie, The Saujana, all hotels within the Shah Alam area
- Putrajaya, KLIA & Sepang: Putrajaya Shangrila, Putrajaya Marriott, Cyberview Lodge, Equatorial Bangi, Sama-Sama Hotel KLIA, Concorde Inn KLIA, Avani Gold Coast Sepang, and other hotels located within this area
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.