Jal Sanjhi or painting on water
Incredible expression of religious emotions is the art of ‘Jal Sanjhi or painting on water. In the Krishna temples of north, originated this art of Jal Sanjhi. The priests of the temples used to create the life forms of Lord Krishna, his childhood, his youth and his aura in form of a painting on water. The colors used were derived from dry fruits, stones, vegetables, flowers, fruits and other natural substances. It takes six to seven hours of hard dedicated work of an artisan to create this beautiful magical scene on the surface of water. The finished work remains intact for 3 to 4 hours and then gradually dissipates in water. It was under royal patronage of kings.
With the advent of modern era, kingship and royal patronage became on a simple, poor and god fearing priest of the temple, yet they have dedicated their lives to this non profitable art. But in 21st century, the art form has become almost extinct.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
It is a unique experience to observe and interact with an artisan, engrossed in using the right stencils and carefully putting the powdered colors on water to create an aura unparalleled in the history of art.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We need to have hotel details so that we can contact guest 01 day before and cordiante for timing and pick-up time
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.