Explore the scenic sights of the Green Mountain of Jebel Akhdar with this 1-day tour. Travel through the Hajar Mountain ranges and immerse yourselves in spectacular natural scenery...Duration: 8 Hours.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Local Restaurant or Picnic Box
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- Depart from hotel at 0830 hrs and proceed to visit the Nizwa round tower fort and Nizwa souk. Drive to Birkat Al Mauz. Enjoy a walk through the lush green dates plantations. Then proceed to Wadi Al Madeen. From here a 36 km stretch of winding road leads us to Jebal Akhdar (2000m above sea level) the green jewel of the Al Hajar mountain ranges, a truly unique spot in the Arabian Peninsula. Enjoy the cool climate up in the mountains. A Jebel Al Akhdar is famous for its fruit orchards, laid out terrace style along the slopes of mountains, which are endowed with natural springs and a falaj.
A large variety of fresh fruits such as peaches, apricot, fig, grapes, apple, pears, plums, almond, walnuts are grown here. The region is well known for the pomegranate fruit which is of a very superior quality. The villages of Saiq, wadi Bani Habib (the village of the old houses) & Al Ain dot the landscape. The villages overlook a spectacular landscape of dramatic peak, gorges and wadis. The roses of Jabal Al Akhdar fill the air with fragrance when in full bloom (March/April). Rose water is distilled in the homes of the villagers.
(It is advisable to wear light comfortable clothing and walking shoes).
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up the Guests from Hotel, Airport or PortAirports
- Seeb Airport, Oman
- Sultan Qaboos Port, Muscat, Oman
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.