Iztaccihuatl Volcano Hiking Tour from Mexico City with optional Small Group
Join us on an early morning tour and head on a journey to “La Joya” in the famous “Paso de Cortés” named like this for being the place where the Spanish conquerors and Hernan Cortes crossed on their way to Mexico-Tenochtitlan in 1519.
You will have the chance to check on the impressive landscapes created by nature, and see how they change as you go through the mountain’s trails
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrances to the volcanoes natural park
- Entry/Admission - Paso de Cortes
- Entry/Admission - Iztaccihuatl and Popocatepetl National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hiking equipment not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Parque Nacional Izta-Popo, Amecameca 56500 Mexico
In this trip to start the Volcano hike, if the weather allows it, you will be able to see the panoramic views of the volcanoes.
Stop At: Paso de Cortes, Amecameca Mexico
Our day starts early in the morning when we head on a journey to “La Joya” in the famous “Paso de Cortés” named like this for being the place where the Spanish conquerors and Hernan Cortes crossed on their way to Mexico-Tenochtitlan in 1519.
You will have the chance to check on the impressive landscapes created by nature, and see how they change as you go through the mountain’s trails: It can go from seasonal snow, to the diverse flora and fauna of the site; besides, the quietness of the place will give a special touch to the amazing sights of Valle de México. You’ll enjoy unforgettable landscapes on this tour, so if you enjoy taking panoramic photographs, this will be a great experience.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: La Joya, La Joya, Baja California
We will get here with our transport. And it is at this point where we will start our hiking tour
Stop At: Iztaccihuatl and Popocatepetl National Park, Mexico
We will start our hiking tour from 3990 mts high and depending on the physical conditions of the group, we will reach 4200 or 4350 mts.
During the hike you'll be able to take ashtonishing photos of the volcanoes.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1: Calle Liverpool 169, Juárez, Cuauhtémoc, 06600 Col Juárez, CDMX, Mexico
2: Hostal Amigo, A, Isabel La Católica 61, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Take into account that this tour implies a large amount of walking on irregular ground and it’s subject to the physical capacity of the overall group
- For your own safety, follow the guidance at all times, don’t separate from the group, and don’t forget to carry water and light snacks (such as chocolates, granola bars, seeds, etc) to recharge energies
- Wear appropriate gear to the mountain (tennis shoes and sandals, as well as flat-soled casual shoes or mules are not suitable for this activity)
- Wear long pants (Shorts are not suitable for this tour)
- The altitude can pose a problem for many people and a strong fitness level is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Note: This is not a professional tour, however it is recommended good physical condition for hiking.
- We do not provide hiking equipment
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.