Izmir Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Ephesus, House of Virgin Mary and Temple of Artemis
When your cruise ship arrives in Izmir, make the most of your time with this private shore excursion to Ephesus, where you'll see some of most famous sights in Turkey. With your private tour guide, walk around the ancient city, a former center of the ancient world and one of the best-preserved ancient cities in the eastern Mediterranean. Visit the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent the last days of her life, and try to imagine the beauty of the Temple of Artemis (also known as the Temple of Diana), one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle and professional driver
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Ephesus
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - The Basilica of Saint John
- Entry/Admission - The Temple of Artemis
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ancient City of Ephesus, Selcuk 35920 Turkey
Arrival to Ephesus - Enter through the Magnesia Gate and begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital. Your route takes you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The theater had seating for 24,000, which was the site where it is believed St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, and is used today for a local spring festival.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House), Selcuk 35100 Turkey
House of the Virgin Mary - The Vatican has recognized this small house in the Solmissos Mountains as the final resting place of the Virgin Mary. A small shrine dedicated to St. Mary was found when the ruins of the house were first discovered.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Basilica of Saint John, Isa Bey Mahallesi, 2013. Sk. No:1, Selcuk 35920 Turkey
Basilica of St.John - Built by the Emperor Justinian over the tomb of St. John the Apostle, the Basilica, now in ruins, once rivaled St. Sophia in size. See the remaining graceful columns and mosaics of the Basilica as you take in the panorama of the rural Selcuk countryside and the ruins of The Temple of Artemis.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: The Temple of Artemis, Ataturk, Park Ici Yolu No:12, Selcuk Turkey
The Temple of Artemis, which had been built at first during the Archaic period, today it's known one of the Seven Wonders of Ancient World.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You must contact the local service provider at least 48hrs before tour to be informed on the exact pickup time (meeting point will be provided on your confirmation voucher)Ports
- Izmir Port
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participant. Please enter this into the special requirements field on booking
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children who do not occupy a seat are free of charge. Children who occupy a seat and are up to 11 years old, benefit from a discount
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- - To avoid congestion, vehicle seats will always be in abundance comparing to group comparing to group's size. -Passengers will always have to carry their own protection masks during the activity
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.