Izamal City Tour with Carriage Ride from Merida
Discover the traditions of Izamal, one of Mexico's Pueblos Magicos (Magic Towns) and a center of religious pilgrimage in the Yucatan. Visit the spacious atrium of a convent on a walking tour with your guide, ride a horse-drawn carriage through the cobblestone streets, and climb the pyramids of El Conejo and Kinich Kakmó.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip transportation from from meeting point in Merida
- Bilingual guide
- Carriage ride (up to 4 people)
What's excluded :
- Beverages and food
- Souvenirs and personal expenses
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line Yucatán, Calle 61 x 60 y 62, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Begin your full-day tour with pickup from a meeting point in Merida
Stop At: Convento de San Antonio de Padua, Calle 31-A, Izamal 97540 Mexico
Begin your full-day tour with pickup from a meeting point in Merida and head to the center of Izamal, a designated Pueblo Magico where the Convento de San Antonio de Padua is located. This Franciscan convent was built in 1553 atop Pap-Hol-Chac (House of Thunder), which was the tallest pre-Columbian pyramid in the city.
Learn about the local history and admire the colonial architecture of its 75 arches as you stroll with your guide through the spacious atrium. See the town’s yellow-painted houses and browse for crafts from local artisans.
Next, board an antique horse-drawn carriage and traverse the city’s cobblestone streets, stopping at the Pyramid of El Conejo and the Pyramid of Kinich Kakmó. Climb the 10-level structure, the tallest archaeological structure in the Yucatan.
Conclude your visit to Izamal with return transport to Merida.
Duration: 7 hours
Pass By: Pirámide El Conejo, 97540, Calle 22 303A, Santo Domingo, 97540 Izamal, Yucatán, Mexico
Pass By: Piramide de Kinich Kak Moo, Calle 27 entre 26B T 28, Izamal 97557 Mexico
Departure Point :1: Parque San Juan, Calle 67A 529, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
2: Gran Hotel, Calle 60 496, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
3: McDonald's, Paseo de Montejo 454, Itzimná, 97100 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
4: Mayan World Museum of Mérida, Calle 60 299 E, Unidad Revolución, 97110 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring comfortable clothes, walking shoes, sunglasses, hat and cash (for incidentals)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please verify your near meeting point and schedule.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.