Iximche First Guatemala Capital City
Iximche is a pre-Columbian Mesoamerican archaeological site in the western highlands of Guatemala. Being the capital of the late postclassic Kaqchikel Maya kingdom from 1470 until its abandonment in 1524, the architecture of this site – also a national park – includes a number of pyramid-temples, palaces and two Mesoamerican ballcourts. Walk in the path of history and join us on a full-day tour to visit Iximche Guatemala!
On this tour, you will be guided through the place where Pedro de Alvarado established the country’s first capital city, and witness the Mayans rituals and ceremonies held by locals. Lunch will be at a nice restaurant in Tecpan, before heading back to Antigua or Guatemala City.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Iximche
- Entry/Admission - TECPAN
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Iximche, Tecpán Guatemala, Guatemala
Step into a Guatemalan historical site.
Witness Mayan rituals and ceremonies held by locals.
Duration: 4 minutes
Stop At: TECPAN, Chimaltenango, Guatemala
Lunch at a nice restaurant in Tecpan
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We go for you at any location of Guatemala City and surroundings, it can be at your hotel, friend place, International Airport or even if you are in Antigua Guatemala. And after the tour end we drop you at location of request, it can be in the same place we pick you up or at any other location. Airports
- La Aurora Airport, Guatemala City Guatemala
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.