Italica Roman City Tour
The Roman city of Itálica, located in the Lower Guadalquivir, played an important strategic role both politico-military, as well as economically, during the High Roman Empire. Proof of this is that it reached an area of approximately 52 hectares.
The origins of the Archaeological Ensemble of Itálica date back to 206 BC, when General Publius Cornelius Scipio, in the context of the Second Punic War, defeated the Carthaginians at the Battle of Ilipa and established a detachment of legionaries on the Cerro de San Antonio, place where a turdetana population already existed since the 4th century BC.
Although at first both communities coexisted in this space close to the Guadalquivir, soon the Roman element imposed its social and political ways.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private guided tour
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Ensemble of Italica
What's excluded :
- Additional features
- Unspecified entries
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Ensemble of Italica, Avenida Extremadura 2, 41970 Santiponce Spain
We will visit the first Roman city of the Iberian Peninsula through a tour of the well-preserved remains of different houses and "shops" of the time.
We will know the majestic Roman amphitheater, built outside the walls and that gives us an image of the importance that the city had for the entire Baetica region. Cradle of Trajan and Adriano.
The visit has a total tour of about two hours. Starting in the city and ending in the amphitheater.
Visitors, if they wish, at the end can enjoy a projection on an idealization of what was Itálica from its foundation. Hot springs, houses, bread ovens, mosaics and a multitude of infrastructures of more than two thousand years await us in this interesting and unknown city that great stories have given to posterity.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Italica, 41970, Seville, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.