Istanbul Classics Half Day Tour
A memorable morning catching the highlights of the old city
Marvel at the grandeur of Topkapi Palace
Compact tour in half a day
Hotel pick-up and drop-off included
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- In-person guide
- Entry/Admission - Topkapi Palace
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Fountain of Ahmet III
- Entry/Admission - Hippodrome
- Entry/Admission - Hagia Sophia Museum
- Entry/Admission - Hagia Irene Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Topkapi Palace, Cankurtaran Mahallesi Gulhane Park, Near Sultanahmet Square, Istanbul 34122 Turkey
he largest and oldest palace in the world, Topkapi is the crown jewel of the Ottoman Empire. With its treasury and exotic buildings overlooking the Golden Horn, your visit to Topkapi promises to be a truly fascinating experience. Exhibits include sacred Islamic Relics of Prophet Mohammed, Imperial treasury, Chinese porcelain, weapons & calligraphy. (Harem or Ladies Quarters section is not included in the programme).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet Mah At Meydani Cad No 7, Istanbul 34122 Turkey
One of the most famous monuments in both the Turkish and Islamic worlds, the Sultan Ahmet Mosque (also known as the Blue Mosque) is a superb creation in the classical Ottoman style. The mosque has six towering minarets and 260 windows illuminating its vast main chamber, which is decorated with more than 20,000 blue Iznik tiles.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Fountain of Ahmet III, Uskudar Meydani Uskudar Merkez, Uskudar, Istanbul Turkey
(Photo stop) The fountain is located in front of the Imperial Gate of the great Topkapi Palace at the site of an older Byzantine fountain called Perayton. The fountain is a Turkish rococo structure and was built in 1728.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Hippodrome, Binbirdirek, Sultan Ahmet ParkI No:2, Istanbul Turkey
The Hippodrome, the stadium of ancient Byzantium, held 100,000 spectators and featured objects from all corners of the empire. Of these, an Egyptian obelisk and a bronze sculpture of three entwined serpents from Delphi survive.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hagia Sophia Museum, Ayasofya Square, Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122 Turkey
(viewed from outside, no interior visit included)
Hagia Sophia was built in the 6th century by the Emperor Justinian, and was one of the largest basilicas in the Christian world. After the Ottoman conquest, it was converted to a mosque and is today one of the most magnificent museums in the world. Take a moment to linger here to admire the fine Byzantine mosaics.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hagia Irene Museum, Sultanahmet Meydani Topkapi Sarayi 1. Avlusu Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34122 Turkey
(Photo Stop) “Hagia Irene” means “Holy Peace”in Greek. Hagia Irene was first built as a basilica with three naves during the reign of Constantinos the Great (306–337), on top of a temple and out of wood. It consists of three sections that include the naos, narthex and atrium, while the standing atrium is the only surviving sample from the Byzantine period.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up service is available only in hotels located in the following areas: New city: Levent, Sisli, Taksim, Ortakoy, Karakoy, Findikli, Sutluce. Old city: Sirkeci, Sultanahmet, Beyazit, Laleli, Yenikapi, Findikzade, Topkapi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- On Friday's the visit to the Blue Mosque is only from the outside due to Friday prayers
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.