Istanbul: Book A Local Host
On a personalised and private experience, discover the real Istanbul with a Local Host, exploring the city on an itinerary totally customised to your interests, needs and wishes! Whether you want to get off the beaten path and discover some quirky local neighbourhoods or tick the famous sights and landmarks off your bucket list, your Local Host will introduce you to the very best of their city. Discover the best places to see, eat, drink and explore, loved by locals for a totally authentic touch. You'll experience Istanbul just as if you were visiting an old friend who lived there, so ditch the guidebook and live like a local for the day!
per adult from
3 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 100% Private and personalised experience
- 3 - 8 hours with a Local Host
- Authentic local insider knowledge
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Istanbul, Istanbul
Join a like-minded Local Host to explore a neighbourhood in Istanbul, discovering hidden local gems as well as the city highlights, through a local lens of course!
Explore the most iconic sights in Istanbul like the Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace and the Archaeology museums. Your Local Host will also be able to show you some of the city's hidden gems and local favourites too.
Stop to refuel at one of your Local Host’s favourite eateries, cafes or street food markets; a handpicked place that suits your preferences, budget, and dietary requirements.
As well as visiting the places you most want to see, stop by local spots and places of interest along the way to get an authentic insight into local life in Istanbul.
Your Local Host will also advise you on the best way to spend the following days of your trip, allowing you to discover other areas of Istanbul that you will love and revealing other hidden gems that they know you’ll love.
Pass By: Eminonu Square Eminonu Square, Istanbul, Istanbul Turkey
Harborside Eminönü buzzes with activity as boats unload passengers at the ferry docks near the city's bazaars. The Egyptian Bazaar, or Spice Bazaar, has stalls full of fruit, teas, and spices, while the halls of the Grand Bazaar are a colorful jumble of carpets, fabrics, lamps, and jewelry. The Süleymaniye Mosque towers over the area, and the 16th-century Rustem Pasha Mosque is famed for its Iznik tiles.
Pass By: Karakoy, Karakoy, Istanbul
Karaköy is a happening harborside area where funky cafes and late-night cocktail bars mix with traditional neighborhood bakeries and family-run shops. Ottoman-era buildings splashed with street art house the studios and boutiques of young fashion designers, and there's also a vibrant contemporary art gallery scene. The 16th-century Kılıç Ali Paşa complex includes a mosque and thermal baths.
Departure Point :İstanbul, Turkey
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Istanbul 6 Hrs 1/10/2019 - 12/31/2023
Istanbul 3 Hrs 1/10/2019 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Istanbul 4 Hrs 1/10/2019 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Istanbul 8 Hrs 1/10/2019 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.