Island of Levanzo: explore the Genovese Cave with Prehistoric Art works
Arrive at the Port of Trapani and take the ferry or hydrofoil. We are waiting for you in Levanzo! Every 30 minutes there are hydrofoil to Levanzo.
Along the north-west coast of the island of Levanzo you can see the Grotta del Genovese.
The karst formation cave overlooks a small eponymous creek almost hidden by the vegetation typical of the Mediterranean, positioning itself in a landscape of great scenic beauty.
Inside the precave there are the remains of a kiln aimed at the making of lime. In the inner chamber we can find 33 engraved pictures and about 100 painted figures.
Reach the grotto by land with a Jeep or by sea with a boat according to sea conditions. Please note that if Grotto will be reached by car, there is a 700 meters steep path to climb.
The visit to the cave lasts 30 minutes. May be delays in starting the tour due to docking problems in the ship pier.
This tour is delivered in English, Italian and French
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation with Jeep or Boat
- Guidance and assistance during the tour
- Entry/Admission - Grotta del Genovese
What's excluded :
- Meals and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Trapani port
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trapani port, 91100 Trapani, Province of Trapani, Italy
Reach Levanzo by yourself from the port of Trapani. Every 30 minutes there are hydrofoil to Levanzo.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Grotta del Genovese, Isola di Levanzo, Sicily Italy
Along the north-west coast of the island of Levanzo, the smallest, but not the least enchanting of the Egadi, the attentive sailor, raising his eyes to a height of about thirty meters on the high and steep limestone cliffs that rise up in front of him , can see the Grotta del Genovese. In the inner chamber we can find 33 engraved pictures and about 100 painted figures: they represents absolutely the richest Italian inheritance of prehistoric figurate expressivity.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :91023 Levanzo, Province of Trapani, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.