Islamic Arts Museum Admission with Free Kuala Lumpur City Tour
Interest in the Islamic arts has grown tremendously in recent years. Reflecting this awareness, in December 1998 Malaysia became home to Southeast Asia’s largest museum of Islamic art. The building occupies 30,000 sq.m. The Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia houses more than seven thousand artefacts, as well as an exceptional library of Islamic art books.
Free City Tour: TUGU NEGARA (NATIONAL MONUMENT), SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD BUILDING, ISTANA NEGARA (NATIONAL PALACE) and DATARAN MERDEKA (MERDEKA SQUARE).
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English Speaking Driver
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off (city center 1km radius only)
- Free City Tour: 2 Hours
- Entry/Admission - Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia, Jalan Lembah, Kuala Lumpur 50480 Malaysia
10.00am meet and greet our friendly English Speaking Driver at the hotel lobby and proceed for your tour and You will be picked-up from your hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle and take a tour through the Kuala Lumpur City.
The Islamic Arts Museum (IAMM) is one of the best museums in Malaysia with over 7000 top quality artefacts from all over the Islamic world. This gallery showcases fine examples of Islamic architecture ranging from Africa to the Far East. I particularly liked the models of the Taj Mahal, unusual mosque designs in various countries and the large scale model of the Masjid al-Haram, Mecca.
The use of natural motifs such as plants, fruits and clouds make their way into local arts such as textiles. Examples of wood carving, metal handicrafts and kris designs are also featured. Where the Chinese and Islamic influences merged to produce some exquisite artworks including cloisonné wares and calligraphic scrolls. Collections of complete costumes from all over the Islamic world are on show as well as some fine wall coverings and rugs.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Monument, Jalan Taming Sari Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur 50480 Malaysia
Now we start a free City Tour to TUGU NEGARA (NATIONAL MONUMENT), SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD BUILDING, ISTANA NEGARA (NATIONAL PALACE) and DATARAN MERDEKA (MERDEKA SQUARE).
TUGU NEGARA (NATIONAL MONUMENT)
Situated overlooking the KL Lake gardens, the huge bronze monument was built to pay tribute to the soldiers who gave their lives defending the country during the Communist Insurgency in 1950s. The National Monument was designed by Felix de Weldon, the architect of the famous Iwo Jima Memorial
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Jalan Raja Merdeka Square, Kuala Lumpur 50050 Malaysia
SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD BUILDING
Sultan Abdul Samad Building one of the city’s most enduring attractions, Built in 1897, the building is said to have been the finest in the Malay states. It features an imposing porch, graceful horseshoe shaped arches, shiny copper domes and a 41.2 metre clock tower. The Ground Floor of this building house a Tourist Information Centre.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Istana Negara, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim Bukit Damansara, Kuala Lumpur 50490 Malaysia
ISTANA NEGARA (NATIONAL PALACE)
Istana Negara or the National Palace is the official residence of the king of Malaysia. This majestic edifice at Jalan Duta officially became the National Palace in 2011, replacing the old palace in Jalan Istana. Covering 97.65 hectares, the palace boasts a traditional Malay design with Islamic art work that were created by renowned sculptors from Terengganu and Kelantan. The palace is graced by 22 domes, with the largest standing at 44 metres in height.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Merdeka Square, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
DATARAN MERDEKA (MERDEKA SQUARE)
Dataran Merdeka is the one of the most important heritage sites in the city. The Union jack was lowered to mark the country’s independence from colonial rule. Hence the name dataran Merdeka, which means ‘Independence Square’.
End of the tour return to your hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Asni Tours & Travels, Block B3-1-27 Jalan 1/152 Taman OUG Parklane, Kuala Lumpur 58200 Malaysia
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :1: MATIC, 109, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Traveler pickup is offered
Free hotel pick up & drop off from your hotel located at Kuala Lumpur City Centre (1km radius from KLCC).You can also join our tour from Kuala Lumpur meeting point namely Malaysia Tourism Centre (MaTic): 109, Jalan Ampang, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.An additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 1km radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Islamic Arts Museum Opening Hours: 10.00am to 6pm
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are committed to ensure the safety of travelers according to the Standard Operating Procedures of the World Health Organization (WHO) Standards
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.