Isimangaliso Wetland & Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve 3 Day Tour From Durban
Encounter the bush and wildlife of beautiful Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve, home of the big 5, close up (overnight at the Game Reserve). Venture into Isimangaliso Wetlands Park and spend a day exploring the Wetlands, Game Viewing, Snorkeling through this otherworldly wilderness of protected bays and wetlands wonder (overnight in St Lucia). Experience a hippo and croc boat cruise in St Lucia Estuary.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Bottled water
- Pick ups and drop offs at hotels, airport and port
- Entry/Admission - Hluhluwe - iMfolozi Park Wilderness Area
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Saint Lucia Estuary
Day 1: Depart from Durban at 5:00am and head off to Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve arriving at 8:00am to commence game drives
Stop At: Hluhluwe - iMfolozi Park Wilderness Area, Hluhluwe Game Reserve South Africa
Enter Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve, the oldest game reserve in Africa, and widely regarded world-wide for its rhino conservation efforts, is home to the big 5 and many other animals and over 500 bird species. Immediately begin game drives, breaking off for lunch later. After lunch check into the Hilltop Ezenvelo Wildlife Camp for accommodation. This is followed by an afternoon game drive.
As dusk sets in, retire to the hotel for a South African style dinner braai. Be on the lookout for animals grazing right next to your hotel room as the night begins to fall. By this time you should be having a very large collection of animals seen.
Duration: 8 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Hilltop Ezenvelo Wildlife Camp
Day 2: Begin the day with an early morning game drive. This is followed up with breakfast before heading off to Isimangaliso
Stop At: iSimangaliso Wetland Park, iSimangaliso Wetland Park, KwaZulu-Natal
After the early morning game drive and breakfast at Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve, proceed to Isimangaliso Wetland Park. Venture into Isimangaliso Wetland Park, South Africa’s first World Heritage Site - declared by UNESCO in1999. Stretching 328 000 ha (3,280 km2), iSimangaliso Wetland Park includes five major ecosystems. On a 4x4 Off-Road, this tour will include magnificent game viewing, bird spotting, short hikes and a visit to Cape Vidal with snorkeling and Whale Watching in season (June to end November)
Animals such as the endangered White & Black Rhino, Cape buffalo, Elusive Leopard, Hippo, Zebras, Red Duiker, Kudu, and other animals may be witnessed while out on safari. Birders too will be amazed when they see the number of birds in the park. Enjoy the Safari Game Drives and Guided Walking Safaris which will take you to breathtaking landscapes.
End the day by checking into your hotel in St Lucia and a dinner there.
Duration: 12 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Day 3: Explore the Isimangaliso Wetland Park further by going for a hippo and croc boat cruise at St Lucia Estuary
Stop At: Saint Lucia Estuary, Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park, St Lucia 3936 South Africa
After breakfast,experience the hippo and croc boat cruise travelling up one of the largest Estuarine systems in Africa. This estuary is home to 800 Hippo's and approximately 1000 Nile Crocodiles not to mention the abundance of Bird-life. This activity is an optional extra. Close encounters with hippo and crocodiles are the main attraction of this tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St Lucia, St Lucia, KwaZulu-Natal
relax in the morning, exploring St Lucia. St Lucia remains magnificent and wild, with Hippo’s still roaming the residential streets at night. St Lucia is a magical place to discover, with beaches that stretch as far as the eye can see. There is still a chance to go for one more game drive in Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve or Isimangaliso Wetland Park.
Depart for Durban in the afternoon fro drop offs at around 6:00pm.
Duration: 10 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers to provide full pick up details for hotel, airport or portAirports
- King Shaka International Airport, King Shaka Dr, La Mercy, 4407, South Africa
- Port Natal, 81 Flower Rd, Clairwood, Durban, 4052, South Africa
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.