Is not just a market.
Is very special because we're offering the real connection with the Cartagena culture beyond the walls, the history of Cartagena de Indias after the Spain crown and how this society has evolutionated.
Going to the Bazurto market we will walk and talk about the Cartagena people culture we'll study and dance Champeta music, it's history and how important it's in the culture of Cartagena, also we'll talk about salsa, vallenato and dancehall music too rhythms very important at Bazurtos and Cartagena. This is more about the people than the place, the Bazurto market is a vey special place where among the food and the culture we'll see how happy is the people making a living daily in incredible ways. We'll eat typical dishes of Cartagena made by Carbon like Anthony Bourdain right next to the Cecilia's pots, best chef of Bazurto and the most important, we'll be happy!
While we do all this 50% of what you pay will be invested in the same people who are part of the Bazurto market community.
per adult from
120 to 210 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mall Plaza El Castillo, Barrio daniel lemaitre, Cartagena Colombia
This is the meeting point, right here we will talk about history of Cartagena, specially, about the indigenas, black comunity and spain crown and the development of this 3 heritages trhough the time.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mercado Bazurto, Av Pedro De Heredia, Cartagena 130001 Colombia
This is the whole center of the experience. In the Bazurto market we're going to be walking and talking about the cartagena people culture, we'll try tipical juices of the coast, we'll study and dance Champeta music, it's history and how important it's in the culture of Cartagena, also we'll talk about salsa, vallenato and dancehall too all this music very important at Bazurtos and Cartagena, we'll meet about the neighborhoods around and important icons of the Bazurto Market and we'll see how happy are they making a living daily in the market, we'll eat tipical dishes of Cartagena made by Carbon like Anthony Bourdain right next to the Cecilia's pots, best chef of Bazurto and the most important, we'll be happy!
Duration: 2 hours 40 minutes
Departure Point :Mall Plaza El Castillo, Av. Pedro De Heredia #Carrera 13, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :La Matuna, Cartagena, Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.