Interact with Sanjay Colony's Residents
The Sair educational travel in Sanjay Colony will give you a glimpse into the day-to-day life of India's lower income strata. You will get an insight into their world and environment in order to break down the negative stereotypes associated with slums, as there is no lack of hard work or ambition within the residents. Within India, there is a huge inequality in the standards of living and financial levels. Furthermore, this gap is increasing. This tour will give you a first-hand experience chatting with the people and listen to the stories from people who have to live without basic infrastructure. We hope by the end of the tour our participants will be more compassionate and sensitive. 80% of the money earned from this tour is given back to support education initiatives for the underprivileged children of the area.
per adult from
What's included :
- Travel and sight seeing arranged in a personal, air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided tour
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees and Toll
What's excluded :
- Airport/Hotel pickup and drop-off at additional cost.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sanjay Colony, Okhla Phase II, Okhla Industrial Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110020, India
Many Sanjay colony families work in the clothing industry where recycling and manufacturing take place. A visit to the nearby industry will help you picture how materials are painstakingly separated to be recycled, and finished items are made.
Visit a small Hindu temple where you will learn about the importance of religion in the residents' lives.
Uncover the realities of life of people living in the area as you wander the narrow lanes with your guide.
Learn about education facilities in the Sanjay colony; What local NGOs are doing to fill the gap and what is being done by the tour organizer to support the local education ecosystem. Learn about how people cope up with the lack of sanitation facilities in Sanjay Colony.
In addition to getting an overview of the maze-like tour route, you will get a stunning view of the Sanjay colony!"
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Harkesh Nagar Okhla, Okhla Phase II, Okhla Industrial Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110020, India
2: Rajiv Chowk, Block B, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.