Inka Jungle Trek to Machupicchu (4 days 3 nights)
The Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu (Inca Jungle Trail) is the best option for those who prefer a more adventurous and adrenaline pumping way to hike to Machu Picchu. The trail belongs among so called Alternative Treks to Machu Picchu and it combines trekking with mountain biking with an opportunity to enjoy rafting and ZIP line too. Moreover, a part of the trail leads through the latest discovered authentical Inca path called Qapaq Ñan. On the way, you can admire beautiful mountains as well as suptropical areas of a cloud forest. One of the highligts of the trek is a visit of amazingly lovely and hot thermal baths where you can refresh yourself
The ultimate ending to this excellent trip is a visit to the one and only Machu Picchu archaeological site!
Before the tour, your guide will meet you at your hotel for an in-depth briefing. This provides an opportunity to ask questions and do any last-minute shopping before leaving Cusco.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pre-trek briefing
- Transfer by private bus to Abra Malaga - the initial point of the trek
- Accommodation: (Santa Maria, Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Meals: 3x breakfast, 3x lunch, 3x dinner
- Professional bilingual Tour Guide
- Mountain bicycles (brand Scott with a hydraulic brake), helmet and gloves
- Bikes and full Safety Equipment
- Tourist train (Expedition Service) from Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu) to Ollantaytambo
- Tourist bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Guided Tour in and around Machu Picchu.
What's excluded :
- Breakfast on the day 1 and lunch on the last day
- Travel insurance
- Tips to local staff (please note: it is a custom to give tips in Peru; however, it is not obligatory)
- Other extras not mentioned
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu
- Alcoholic drinks
- DAY 01: CUSCO - ABRA MALAGA – SANTA MARIA
Early morning, we pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to transfer by private vehicle passing Sacred Valley of the Incas to a starting point of the trek at Abra Malaga (4,350 m.a.s.l.) which is the highest place of the trek. There we sit on a bicycle and start biking down for about 4 hours to the small town of Santa Maria. When in Santa Maria, we accommodate ourselves in a familial hostel where we can have a shower. After dinner, we spend the night there.
Optional tour: Rafting in the afternoon in Santa Maria, 3-5 class of rapids. The price of the rafting is extra USD 45.
(Note: Accommodation options are very limited along the trekking route for the first 2 nights in Santa Maria & Santa Teresa villages. Most places have very basic, rustic facilities. Rooms often share a bathroom and sometimes do not have hot water. However, we always choose the best available option.)
DAY 02: SANTA MARIA - SANTA TERESA
We continue our trip early morning after breakfast getting progressively steeper until we get to a restaurant where we have lunch. Then we can relax in hammocks admiring surrouning coca plantations. Later on, we continue trekking to later reach an authentical Inca path - "Qhapaq Ñan"!! The path winds around steep hillsides and sheer gorges for approximately half a mile.
DAY 03: SANTA TERESA - HIDROELECTRICA - AGUAS CALIENTES
Fly through the treetops on a 2-hour morning canopy excursion on South America's highest and Peru's first canopy zip-line. Traverse over 2,500 meters of cables with the longest ride covering 400 meters and the highest at 150 meters. Later, we descend to bamboo groves and a cloud forest with increasingly thick vegetation and tall trees offering us some excellent birdwatching opportunities! in the afternoon, we get to Hidroelectrica (a hydroelectric plant) Railway Station and there we start following trails leading us to the Aguas Calientes Town. We spend the last night in a more comfortable hostel there with private rooms and bathrooms offering us a hot shower.
Optional tour: ZIP Line in the morning in Santa Teresa. The price of the ZIP Line is extra USD 40.
DAY 04: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
We will catch one of the first buses (05:30 am) to Machu Picchu (25-minute ride) in order to appreciate the magnificent city in the early morning light as the mist dissipates. A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city on your own. If you still have energy you can also climb the Huayna Picchu Peak (to be booked in advance at an extra cost). Return to Aguas Calientes by bus at your own convenience. If time allows, visit the local marketplace next to the train station and shop until the train whistle blows, signaling your return to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, you will take a bus back to Cuzco
Departure Point :Your Cusco hotel
Departure Time :6am at your hotel ( Every day, including holidays).
You will be picked-up at your hotel in Cusco in the morning between 5:00 -5:15 am Hrs. the transport will pick up passengers from several different hotels in Cusco, so your pick-up time may vary. Please be ready and waiting in the lobby.
Return Detail :Your Cusco hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Small backpack.
- A polar jacket or fleese.
- Good trekking shoes or boots
- Rain poncho (or Rain Jacket)
- Bathing Suit, Sandals and towels
- Insect repellent
- T-Shirts and Shorts
- Sun block, Sun glasses and hat
- Personal Medicine
- Original passport.
- Vistadome Train (One Way) – US$55.00
- Single Accommodation* – US$30.00
- Ingreso to Huaynapicchu
- Black Diamond Hiking Poles.
- We use 3* hotels in Aguas Calientes, if you dont want to share a room (double or triple), select Single Accommodation in add ons when Booking. 1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes If you wish to upgrade hotel
- please ask for options.
- If you are a lover of nature and landscapes, the Vistadome train is your best choice. Panoramic windows in the walls and roofs of cars make the connection to the outside is experienced in a very vivid way.
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$20.00
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.