India Venster Route: Hiking in Table Mountain from Cape Town
This adventurous hike is a great way to get a birds eye view over the City of Cape Town while enjoying the beauty of nature that surrounds you. This hike features fun rock scrambling and an in depth look at our local history, flora and fauna. Your trip also includes free pick up and drop off from your hotel in the city centre.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from the city centre and Atlantic Seaboard areas.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified. We offer a lunchbox for R150 per person which includes 2L of water, a sandwich, seasonal fruit and snacks for the day. If you'd like us to arrange this for you please let us know.
- You will be collected from your centrally located hotel at 6:30am and transported to the base of Table Mountain where your guide will brief you on safety and the overall hike. This adventurous route starts out on a gentle slope for the first 30 minutes and takes its names from India Ravine as it resembles the shape of India on a map when seen from the city below, and Venster which is a natural rock window you'll hike to in the first half of the hike on the rocks offering views of Devils Peak. Even though the city is visible from most sections of the hike, one can often feel a million miles away from all the hustle and bustle. The top section of this route we round the Atlantic Ocean side of the mountain and get some views of the backside of Table Mountain as well. This hike is not suitable for those afraid of heights or uncomfortable on exposed areas as it includes some rock scrambling (where you need to use some upper body strength and use both our arms and legs to help us up) and exposed terrain. During the scrambling parts your guide will tell you exactly where to put your hands and feet making it a bit easier if you’re up for the challenge. Once we reach the top we will descend via the Cableway (weather permitting). (not included).
Departure Point :Cape Town, Cape Town, Western Cape
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative route, date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.