Independent Bernese Oberland and Jungfrau Region Day Trip from Lucerne
Enjoy a day full of fresh mountain air and unforgettable Alpine scenery on this mostly independent day trip from Lucerne. Travel through the Bernese Oberland and UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jungfrau region to the Swiss towns Interlaken and Grindelwald. Your multilingual guide will provide commentary on your coach ride to the pretty village of Grindelwald, where you'll have half of the day to explore on your own. Take the train to Interlaken and spend the rest of the afternoon experiencing the beauty of this lively resort town at your leisure.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Multilingual guide to and from Interlaken
- Train from Grindelwald to Interlaken
- Written information about the sights and train timetable
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Admission to attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lucerne, Lucerne
Board the coach at Frankenstrasse 2 - 4, Lucerne in the morning. You'll be accompanied by a multilingual guide, who speaks English and Spanish, on your drive through the beautiful Bernese Oberland.
Stop At: Interlaken Tourismus, Marktgasse 1, Interlaken 3800 Switzerland
Take a quick coffee break (own expense) in Interlaken before continuing to Grindelwald, where you'll have about six hours to explore on your own.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Grindelwald Tourism, Dorfstrasse 110, Grindelwald 3818 Switzerland
Your guide will provide you detailed written information about Grindelwald's sights, as well as a timetable for your train ride to Interlaken and details about where and when to meet in Interlaken for the coach ride back to Lucerne.
Set off on foot through the lovely village of Grindelwald, one of Switzerland's oldest resorts tucked in the stunning Bernese Alps. Head to a lookout point for views of the famous triple peaks of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau — the crowning jewels of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jungfrau region — as well as the Unterer Glacier, Upper Grindelwald Glacier (Oberer Grindelwaldgletscher) and imposing Wetterhorn mountain. Depending on the season, you can rent a trotti bike for a fun ride through the village or take the cable car to the sunny terrace of 'Mt First.'
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Bahnhofstrasse 25/5 3800, 3800 Interlaken, Switzerland
Board an early afternoon train to Interlaken and spend the rest of the day as you please. Situated in the heart of the Jungfrau region, this unique town between two lakes is the adventure capital of the Bernese Oberland. Whether it's summer or winter, you'll have plenty of activities, dining and shopping opportunities to choose from.
Take the cable car to the top of Harder Kulm mountain or ride the family-friendly funicular to Heimwehfluh for sweeping views across Interlaken. Back on ground, head to the old quarter of Unterseen to visit the Jungfrau Region Tourism Museum, which chronicles the development of travel and tourism in Jungfrau over the past 200 years. This is Switzerland’s first museum dedicated to regional tourism.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Lucerne, Lucerne
At the end of the day, reconvene with your guide and board the coach for a 1-hour drive back to Lucerne.
Departure Point :Frankenstrasse 2, 6003 Luzern, Switzerland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 78 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Approved Health & Safety Concept COVID-19 under the "Clean & Safe" campaign supported by Switzerland Tourism. Face masks and disinfectant wipes will be provided free of charge.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.