Inca Quarry Full-Day Hiking Trip from Cusco
This small-group tour will take you off the beaten path in the Sacred Valley. Visit the ruins of Moray, Salineras and hike to hidden Inca ruins above a gorgeous waterfall.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All activities
- Small-group tour (max 10)
- Local guide/driver
What's excluded :
- Ollantaytambo entrance fee
- Our day will start at 8am when we pick you up at your Cusco hotel. You will depart for the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. Your first stop is the ruins of Ollantaytambo. Tour the ruins with your experienced and knowledgeable guide, then climb to ancient Inca granieries for excellent views of the valley.
From there we depart on an incredibly scenic hike to the Inca Quarry where much of the stone used to construct the town of Ollantaytambo was sourced. We'll begin with a visit to the Ollantaytambo ruins, then start the climb to the ancient quarry perched high above the valley floor. As we ascend past fields and traditional adobe homes, the Sacred Valley stretches out below us, bordered by majestic, snow-capped peaks. At the quarry we'll enjoy a delicious picnic among huge, partially carved stones at a spot that was in use until after Spanish arrival in the area.
After lunch we'll have the option of climbing to Inti Punku for tremendous views of the Urubamba river before beginning the scenic descent. Our walk back to Ollantaytambo is marked with chullpas, which are above ground burial constructions built to house workers killed during the dangerous process of moving huge stones back to the town and ruins.
Late afternoon/early evening return to your Cusco hotel.
Departure Point :Your Cusco hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A considerable amount of walking is involved
- Please provide hotel details at the time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not recommended for child aged 11 and under
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.