In the footsteps of Bauhäusler in Berlin - bus tour
You won't get the idea of the Bauhaus if you just search the Berlin cityscape for famous exceptional works. Without a doubt, Mies van der Rohe's house in Lemke (1933) in Hohenschönhausen is always worth a visit.
But the way there in particular offers many opportunities to talk about Bauhaus influences in industry, living culture or traffic expansion or to actually dedicate oneself to models such as Peter Behrens' turbine hall from the street side. If, on the other hand, we follow the idea that serial industrial production made inexpensive bulk goods available for everyone, the technical experiments in residential construction, such as those carried out by Walter Gropius in Lichterfelde, Anton Brenner in Steglitz or the Luckhardt & Anker office in Dahlem, may become more interesting can be found.
Modifications to the north and south routes are possible.
Bus tour: minimum 10 participants
in cooperation with the Bauhaus Archive / Museum of Design
per adult from
What's included :
- Guide in German for 3h and bus transfer
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gropiusstadt, Gropiusstadt, Berlin
Berlin - a Bauhaus city?
You won't get the idea of the Bauhaus if you just search the Berlin cityscape for famous exceptional works. A mixture of architecture, design, art - the story behind the Bauhaus school.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Knesebeckstraße 1, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Knesebeckstraße 1, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- • We kindly ask you to wear a mouth-nose protection during all tours (also on the bus).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.