Immersive leopard and sloth bear safari experience – Wilpattu National Park
The Sri Lankan leopard is a recognised subspecies of the Indian leopard and is currently the largest species of leopard living in Asia. The Wilpattu National Park is known for its numerous opportunities to film and photograph these wonderful animals that are often seen lying beside the park’s many villus.
Wilpattu is also home to Sri Lankan sloth bears, which are highly threatened. Less than 1,000 of them are currently living in the wild. It is the largest national park in Sri Lanka but has fewer visitors compared to the Yala National Park. This offers you less crowded wildlife encounters. You have 3 options to book safaris in the Wilpattu National Park:  morning safari  evening safari  full day safari.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Jeep cost
What's excluded :
- Arrival and departure transportation
- Any extra beverages or food consumed
- Any tips to the staff
You will first meet up with the Sri Lanka Day Tours crew and your Safari Guide at the gate entrance to the Wilpattu National Park. For the morning half-day tour, the starting time will be at 6 a.m. while the afternoon tour begins at 2.30 p.m. After entering the national park with your guide in a jeep, you will be able to spot several species of birds and other animals that have made their homes in this sanctuary. Your safari could be more focused on leopards, sloth bears, birds etc. depending on your interests.
You will be taken through most of the Wilpattu National Park (Block 1), covering the wetlands, grasslands, forest patches, etc. We will make longer stops at certain watering holes for unique photography opportunities.
Departure Point :Wilpattu Hunuwilagama Entrance/ විල්පත්තු හුනුවිලගම පිවිසුම, Sri Lanka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.