Imbros Gorge from Heraklion region
The gorge of Imbros is one of the deepest and narrowest gorges of Crete and the second most popular for visitors after the gorge of Samaria. It ιs located in the South East part of the White Mountains, with 7km length, and has slopes up to 300m high. There are some spectacular sections, especially several very narrow passages.
It is famous due to the rare flora and the amazing landscape all over the area. The scenery is beautiful and the low difficulty makes the descent of Imbros ideal for families.
This walk takes about 2 ½ hours, at the end of the gorge at the village Komitades you can take a rest and enjoy a cold drink or a coffee
You will then drive down to the seaside village of Chora Sfakion where you will have free time to relax at one of the little café/taverns on the water front overlooking the sea or enjoy a dip in the cool Libyan sea.
You will be returned to the same point as the morning pick up.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up from hotels of the HERAKLION region (at the specific bus stops outside of your hotel)
- Certified tour guide
- Transfer with air-conditioned bus
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to museums/sights, individual expenses.
This 7km walk starts from the traditional Cretan village Imbros (800m high) and ends in the village Komitades (300m high). You will walk one of the deepest and narrowest gorges of Crete.
The gorge itself is breathtaking, but you can also see various caves, cypress, oak, maple trees as well as other trees and flowers.
Before starting the walk there is a small café, if you wish to grab a coffee or local breakfast. After the short break, you will start the walk through the gorge which is downhill, with a guide who will point out the native plants and give you information about the whole area.
This walk takes about 2 ½ hours of leisure walking. You will find your way through captivating countryside while passing mountains, villages and the impressive White Mountains.
At the end of the gorge at the village Komitades you can take a rest and enjoy a cold drink or a coffee.
You will then drive down to the seaside village of Chora Sfakion where you will have free time (1-1,5 hour) to relax at one of the little café/taverns on the water front overlooking the sea or enjoy a dip in the cool Libyan sea.
In the end, you will be returned to the same point as the morning pick up.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- If an infant does not sit on lap in the bus, It is necessary to pay a child ticket.
- Pick-up from the specific bus stops next to the hotels. From Area 1: all the villages between Fodele, Agia Pelagia, Xeropotamos(West Heraklion), Area 2: Heraklion Center and East, Carteros, Kokkini Hani, Gouves, Gournes, Hersonissos, Stalida, Malia, Sissi.
- After booking we will contact you to arrange the pick-up. Please, note, if you do not provide your pick-up details up to 24 hours before the tour, we do not guarantee the pick-up. For pick-up from different location, please, contact us.
- NOTE: It is a 7 kilometers walk along a rocky path, sometimes steep.
- Visiting the gorge is usually recommended for children over 7 years old, who like to walk a lot. Infants only in a special backpack.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.