Imbros Gorge and Sfakia Full-Day Hiking Tour from Chania
The Imbros Gorge is located in the province of Sfakia and is the second-largest gorge in Crete after Samaria. The picturesque scenery, in combination with the low difficulty of traversing it, make the descent of Imbros ideal for families wanting to expose children to the beauty of nature. There you will have some free time to take pictures or have some breakfast before you begin your hike. In a leisurely pace, the gorge can be traversed in about 2.5 hours. Behind your group, there will always be a hiking escort to ensure everyone's safety and provide assistance if needed.
The gorge ends at Komitades village, from where you will depart for Sfakia, one of the most traditional Cretan villages. There you will have around 3 hours to divide between swimming in the warm Mediterranean waters and enjoying a Cretan meal in one of the local taverns. Early in the evening you will board the bus back to your original pick up points.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup/Drop-off with air-conditioned luxury bus from select spots in Chania
- English Speaking guide
- All taxes, VAT (value-added tax) inclusive
What's excluded :
- Admission to Imbros (2.5 € per person, free of charge for children under 14)
- Personal expenses, extra beverages or meals
- Customary tips to your driver and escort
- Entry/Admission - Imbros Gorge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Imbros Gorge, close to Chora Sfakia Start in Impros or Komitades, Crete Greece
The place has a great historical significance as the gorge witnessed an evacuation of several thousands of British soldiers during World War II before heading to Egypt. Back then, the Imbros Gorge mule trail was the only connection between Chania and Sfakia, before the road was built. Remains of this trail can be still seen today.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sfakia, Sfakia, Chania Prefecture, Crete
Chora Sfakion is the capital of the remote and mountainous region of Sfakia. The untamed landscape is combined with the quiet.
Charming seaside settlement. The sandy beach with the crystal clear blue waters is suitable for relaxation after hiking. A few coffee
shops and taverns are located within and around the villages. In its northern neighbourhood, you will find the ruins of the venetian
"Fortress of Sfakia” or “Castel di Sfacia or Sfachia” where you can get a panoramic view of Sfakia and admire the wilderness of the
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Upon reservation please advise the exact name of your hotel in order to send you the exact pick up time and point!
Departure Time :8:35 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Be sure to wear comfortable hiking shoes for the trek through the gorge
- It is advisable to bring the following items with you: sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- It is important to stay hydrated, so bring a bottle of water (you can refill it in the gorge's springs) and a light snack (fruits etc.)
- Please note that the following are prohibited inside the gorge: radios, singing, excessive noise, disposal of rubbish in places other than those provided, smoking anywhere other than the rest points, consumption of alcohol.
- In Sfakia you have the option to take a swim so make you have a swimsuit and beach towel with you
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- All passengers are required to wear protective masks during transportation
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.